Friday, April 6, 2007
I Am Honored
Imagine my surprise when I came home to find such a gracious award given to me by
Deena of A Peek At My Bookshelf.
I do consider myself a thinker--sometimes I have to stop and think about what I am thinking. And yes, I can be a tad too serious most of the time and thus the creation of Mrs Nufon. She gives me a little break from myself on Monday's--and that is a good thang! Deena was also sweet to say that I have a contagious way of pulling others in to join me in my praise of God. Thank you girl. If you have read some of my posts you know I have plenty to praise Him for--He patiently puts up with a lot.
So, now it is my honor to pass this on.
The participation rules are simple:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote
In no particular order, here are the blogs (and bloggers) that Make Me Think, and why I chose them:
1. I would like to nominate "Dee" of Dee's Weight Loss Journey-because she is me in so many ways. We share so many likenesses and it helps me to listen to her thoughts on our journey to a healthy body. She has great suggestions and some really great articles on weight loss and health.
And you know we all can stand some good advice on taking care of our temples. Thanks girl!
2. Now I am going to give this award to two someones who have a blog that touches the hearts lots of us sistas. I am not sure how I am going to do this but I am going to try. My next award goes to the Living Proof Ministries blog. That right girls I am giving Beth Moore and Amanda an award for making us think. They touch my heart and push me to be the woman of God I know God wants me to be. I hope Beth has her hair just right--you know how she feels about her do. Thank you ladies. I don't know if this will get to you but maybe it will direct some new sistas to your blog.
3. This next award will go to Holly over at Crown Laid Down. She has a true heart for the Lord. I love her generous heart and the fact that her blogs show she is listening to the Lord. She has some good ideas for beginning journalists and some of us who have been doing it for awhile. Check out some of the pictures out her back door. I want to go for a visit. She lives in God's country. That is any place that has mountains is considered God's country in my books.
4. My forth award goes to GiBee of Kisses of Sunshine. I am a little new to her site. But she shares my love for Beth, so she is a Sista. She wrote a wonderful post on foot washing at her church that touched my heart. Check her out. I look forward to getting to know her better.
5. This last one goes to someone that I have enjoyed getting to know. She is also a Sista! Her name is 'Nise and can I tell you, I love her heart. She is new to blogdom too so ya'll make sure you check her out. She is a woman of the word and she loves to share what God is doing in her life. I almost forgot her blog name is Thus Far The Lord Has Helped Me--don't you just love that?
There are so many great blogs out there. Many that I read, have already won this award. Each blog I read deserves this award----if they did not, I would not go back for a second visit. And you know what I mean. Thank each of you for letting me be a part of your lives.
Go With Jesus!