Friday, April 6, 2007

Death, Then Life, Then Power--Oh My!

I have been amazed lately by the clearness of the voice of the Father. Repetition of stories from the Bible from different sources. The voice of God coming through loud and clear--it's so sweet.
It is not that way all the time. Concerns about life and the people around me can tend to clog the line of communication.
First it was Mary and Martha---a gentle reminder that Jesus was missing seeing me sitting at His feet. He was missing me. Isn't that amazing? It is great that I have one man in my life who is not afraid to tell me He is feeling a little neglected. Is He telling you the same?
Now in the last week He has been telling me through dreams and through the book of Ephesians, a message that is very important for me to understand and not just know. (He has used at least two sources to confirm His message.)
When it was time to send our people over to fight a battle---we would have never sent them to fight without weapons and the power and authority of the United States behind them.
Jesus wants me to know that He did the same for me.

Ephesians 1:18-20
I pray also that th eyes of our heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who Believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms.
He did not put me down here to struggle through life on my own. He did not return to heaven and take all the power and authority with Him. If I really think about "the incomparable great power" available to me if I believe--it is really more than my mind can comprehend.
There have been times when I read a book or watched some type of super hero on T.V , and afterwards wished that I had that type of power to help someone.
But---I do! (O.K. -i was going to say maybe not disappearing but then I remembered that Phillip did)
I mentioned that God has been talking to me in my dreams. He did it in the Bible ----can He still do it now. In the book of acts it says He will.
There is a person in my life that I have been passionately praying for. They need freedom. Satan has had them bound for so long.
In my dream I walked up to them and placed my hands on their head and said, "In Jesus name, enough is enough." Even in my dream I felt the power of God. Now, I know we don't go into this area very often. And if this is too much for some--that's o.k.
But have you ever just wanted to give Satan, the what for? As in, what the heck am I here for if not to fight you like God said I was to.
Ephesians 6:11
Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.


If you saw someone dragging off your child who of us would not fight to the death for their freedom?
There are some in the body of Christ who are being pulled away by the one who "prowls about like a roaring lion seeking who he may devour". Will we use the power that is in us to fight him?
Will we believe what the scripture says?
The other day I got to see the person I dreamed about. I walked up to the person and put my arms around him and said, "I know what you are going through. I have been praying for you. I have never dreamed about you before, but I did the other night." At this point I pulled back slightly and put my hands on His head and looked into his eyes, and then continued speaking. "In that dream I put my hands on your head just like this and said, "In the name of Jesus, enough is enough!" I love you man." And then I walked away.
Can I tell you something? When I placed my hands on his head and spoke what I spoke-I felt the burning power of God. It spread across my back and down my arms. It was as if Jesus had walked up behind me and placed His arms and hands on mine. Isn't that what scripture says should happen? The power is not mine it is the power that lives in me.
This may have taken some where they have never been. But, do we believe scripture?
This is supposed to be happening.
He didn't die and go back to heaven and it all end there.
This week is also about the power that was given to us who believe.
Do you believe?

1 comment:

Nise' said...

I believe sister! The power that raised Christ from the dead is still alive and active today in each one of us as we choose to believe.