Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Commercial Break

We take this brief moment
in order to give you a commercial break during my blogging break.
Thought I would just pop in to let you know that I am still alive
and I will be returning by the end of the week. :)

For those of you who have been with me for over a year-- you know that when we make our trip to our Texas conference......we make a point of stopping in at our favorite store.

The Garven StoreNo it is not swanky....but OH my goodness....what incredible jerky!
You'll walk in the front door and make a little turn to your left where you will find a cute little cabinet. In there you will find the best jerky you have ever had. Grab a bag and fill it up!
This year they had an addition to the menu......Buffalo!
And because I was sweet enough last year to tell ya'll about their great store...... I got a bag on the house. :) It made my day.

Here is a little bit about the product straight from their site.
.

For those of you who haven't heard about Garven Store, the birth place of BeefJerkyWorld.com, we are not some bulk beef jerky store or outlet. We don't have huge selections of different types of jerky. What we do have and promise is high quality jerky.

We are a small family owned business where beef jerky is still made in small batches by hand.

All of our jerky is marinated and dried in a specially designed smoker, giving it an old fashioned hickory smoked flavor and the best beef jerky flavor you have ever tasted.

We guarantee it to be fresh, tender, and addictive.

We take great pride in this 40 year old recipe and love being able to share it with the world.


I am going to include the link again....go on over and check out the store.
What a great gift for the men in our lives....or yes, great for someone looking for a snack that is a little lower in calories. Click on the picture below and you will be on your way to bringing home some great flavor.
And I did notice this year that they are even taking paypal.
Enjoy!......we sure did.


We are still at Mom and Dad's in Covington.
We have enjoyed some great seafood and we are currently watching LSU playing in the college world series finals.
If they loose tonight we will stay another night to see how the do tomorrow....but....should they pull off another victory then we will head on back to our mountains in the morning.
So....love ya.....and talk to ya soon!
Oh....and thanks for the prayers.....our conference went great and we had such a great time.
I do believe that God was looking down on us we a great big smile on His face.
And ya know.....that's a good feeling!
;)

12 comments:

SunnySusan said...

sharon...God is always smiling down at you :-)

A Captured Reflection said...

There was such a lightness and a joy to this post, I can't explain but it came across so uplifting and light and lovely. I liked it - can you tell?

Denise said...

Hello dear sis, so glad the conference went so well. I love you.

Sharon said...

Glad everything is going so good, I have one word for the jerky and that is "Yummmmmieee" I will have to check out the site. Have a good time!! :)
Wuvvvvv You tooooooo

Shirley said...

Great to hear a good report....God is great.

Melanie said...

I do love some yummy jerky!! I hope you have enough to share ;)

Anonymous said...

umm. . . that looks like some jerky I used to get at a fresh food market - and it was the best jerky I ever had - not the typical tough stuff. Sounds like you guys are having fun. " )

Rachel

pam said...

I've only had the gross kind of jerky (1 time) that was like eating cardboard...makes me wonder what "good stuff" is like. Sounds like good times...good for the soul.

Fitter After 50 said...

You sound rested. I'm glad you had a great Conference and that you got a chance to stop at your favorite store. I think that was nice of them to give you the freebie. Looking forward to your return.

Fitter After 50 said...

Thank you for taking time to pray for me.

Halfmoon Girl said...

I remember you mentioning that store last year. It is great to find places like that to visit again and again!

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd like to thank you for such a great made forum!
thought this would be a nice way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Robin Toby
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/wedding-party-supplies.html]wedding Party Supplies[/url].