Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Have you ever been alone with God?


This is part of my devotion from the other morning. I read Oswald Chambers and I love the way he does not beat around the bush. I do love that in a person.
He has a deep insight into the word. The first year I read from My Utmost For His Highest--I felt real dumb. I spent a massive amount of time reading and rereading . And then the second year was better and the third.........you get the idea.

"When they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples" (Mark 4:34) Our solitude with Him. Jesus doesn't take us aside and explain things to us all the time; He explains things to us as we are able to understand them. The lives of others are examples for us, but God requires us to examine our own souls. It is slow work--so slow that it takes God all of time and eternity to make a man or woman conform to His purpose. We can only be used by God after we allow Him to show us the deep, hidden areas of our own character. It is astounding how ignorant we are about ourselves! We don't even recognize the envy, laziness, or pride within us when we see it. But Jesus will reveal to us everything we have held within ourselves before His grace began to work. How many of us have learned to look inwardly with courage? We have to get rid of the idea that we understand ourselves. That is always the last bit of pride to go. The only One who understands us is God. The greatest curse in our spiritual life is pride. If we have ever had a glimpse of what we are like in the sight of God, we will never say, "Oh, I'm so unworthy." We will understand that this goes without saying. But as long as there is any doubt that we are unworthy, God will continue to close us in until
He gets us alone.
Oswald Chambers

See what I mean? He does not beat around the bush.
Not every day hits me like this one. But this one lingers.
There is so much fluff in life. So much that can keep me busy looking out.
Dear God...take me aside.

Take Me Aside

Take me aside oh LORD
Show me the things that linger undiscovered
By my heart pron to wander
Things so warped and defiled that they stop Your living life
Take my hand and guide me to those areas never missed by You

And when my eyes fill with tears
And my soul is resigned to live within
Draw me near to Your dear side
Hold me close in your Spirits tide
And in Your will let me abide
S.B.

7 comments:

Denise said...

.....I have been feeling that I am missing so much lately by being so busy and letting life get me wrapped up so tight that The Father is standing on the sideline. I have experience in my life being in the Holy of Holies and lost in His presence... I have moved into a place that there was no need. There were no prayers that needed to be uttered... When you move so close to God, He is sufficient...... and I find myself lost for words.... I miss that... I can still feel His eyes as He watched me and I can still see His head turn toward me as I moved closer to Him... I feel in my spirit man that I must return there... Pressing issues are only resolved when there are no words left that need to be spoken... I cry a lot sometimes when I read some of the blogs... It cuts at my heart and lets me know that He is standing still and bids me come..............

You inspire me to move........... and the Jesus in you is needed in this lost and dying world..........


I will answer your email sometime tonight.................

hugsx0x0x0x0

Denise said...

I am a silly goose... I will comment to your statement on my blog about going deeper in God.. but I will email you...:) I have been in Ft Worth Texas all day today and my mind is still traveling in the car......

Denise said...

I love you sis, thanks for always making me dig deeper.

Sandi said...

what a wonderful reminder.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

It's so easy to foget that we do need to be alone with God......it's very sweet, tender and those moments can only come from a time JUST with Him.

I like your new color! Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

Food for thought... MMM!

SunnySusan said...

Wonderful my dear friend

Oh I am so prone to wander....keep me in your Presence Lord.
Now that I homeschool, I have to find time in the morning to be quiet before the Lord...I need to make a real effort to get up early or go to my room to a a quiet time...I cannot do anything w/o Him

Thanks for the quiet reminder sister
I love you