- Do you take vacations as a family, with just your husband, or both? We do a little of both. Each summer we have two conferences we do. It is work but there is also time for play. We take our children and they attend the conference while we teach. Our parents and my sister and her family go with us. It is kind of like a family reunion and vacation all wrapped in one. Keith and I also make a point of trying to get away ever so often by ourselves. It is great to remember that we love being alone just the two of us. Sometimes it is only for a night or two--but it is necessary and good.
- What are those vacations like? Guess I have already answered this. Our conference are busy but fun. We usually try to take a day or two after to unwind. Do they wear you out or refresh you? Our conferences do wear us out but we end up coming home refreshed. In January Keith and I would like to take a trip to Aruba. We are beginning to plan the trip. We went to St Martian for our tenth anniversary--it was fun. He loves to dive and this trip will be around his birthday--so happy birthday will be taken care of this year. We will see how the plans carry out now that we have Paw Paw with us.
- Do you schedule regular date nights? No, we used to. We need to get back to this. I guess Paw Paw could babysit. If so, do you talk about your children (if you have them) or have a children-free-conversation rule? We don't really have a no kid rule. We talk about what ever we feel like.
- Do you have family out of town and if so, how often do you visit them? My brothers live in TN and N.C., so when we go to our conference in N.C. we usually stop and visit both of them. This time I will get to meet my newest nephew. Is it stressful or relaxing to visit? No, it is not stressful. We are all used to the massive amount of kids running around. I don't like being around a lot of people for too long--it tends to drain me. But I can take it for a limited time.
- How do all these things affect your marriage relationship? How funny you should ask. Keith seems to think I change while I am around my family. I become the mother figure-or so he thinks. I guess old habits are hard to fight. But when you grow up taking care of everyone--you slip easily back into that role. Which is good for him and his Dad since I am now taking care of the both of them. Yes, my taking care of everyone can cause a little strain in our marriage. He thinks I should be able to sit with him and let the world move on around us. Not going to happen. Who could sit back and watch their Mom serve everyone when it is supposed to be her vacation too? I think the real point is that he does not like to see me worn out when I am supposed to be relaxing. There is a time to be a Mary and a time to be a Martha. Vacation with family is Martha time.
- Getting married is a big step for anyone and finding the right wedding accessories is important. With all the expenses that comes along with weddings including jewelry and wedding rings, its essential that we save money on weddings somewhere.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Christine over at Fruit in Season is asking some questions about vacations this week for Marriage Monday. And since we will be leaving at the end of this week for our first vacation this summer--I thought it would be fun to join in.