Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thankful Thursday


With all the evidence of the workings of Satan and his forces I am going to use this post to thank and praise my God. The Bible tells us that God inhabits the praise of his children. Let's bring Heaven down as we lift our thankful hearts to heaven.
HE GOOD AND HE IS WORTHY OF OUR PRAISE!

1. I am so thankful that God brought my prodigal son home, Monday Night. He was gone for almost two months. I thank God for showing him what life can be like out from under
the shadow of God's wings.

2. I am thankful for all those that God brought by to join me in prayer and fasting for Lauree and Her husband Robert. God has been moving and I thank Him that He lets me
walk by faith and not by sight.

3. I thank God for the hearts of the powerful women of God that He has brought into my life. Beth Moore, Joyce Meyers, Holly, Dee, Lauree, Linda, My Mom, 'Nise, Sting My Heart, Fruit In Season, Lois, Loyce, Amanda, Lynn,---this list could go on and on.

4.I want to thank God for this situation with Robert. Because God allowed us to participate in the HIS burden for Robert--God has fulfilled the promise He made in the Bible to give me back what Satan stole from me. When I was young Satan took my sense of security and my ability to fully trust anyone-especially men. As we sat in church last night and talked about the spiritaul battle that is at hand and how God was teaching us that in order to be able to truly fight we must be pure-I realized He had also taught me something else. I have learned that I can trust and be secure with my pastor--not because of him but because of the man of God that God is making him. That my not seems like a big deal to some, but when your sense of security was stolen by the actions of "godly men"--it is huge.
So I thank God for His promises.
I thank God for the burdens God is willing to share with us.
And I thank God for men who are willing to be "souled out"
To my Master and King!

5. I thank God that He has made me the woman I am today and He is not finished yet!

17 comments:

Denise said...

Such a powerful thankful list, bless you.

Pearls of Wisdom said...

What a wonderful list. I am praising the Lord right with you. I really needed this post this week , so thank you for sharing. May the Lord bless you this week and always. I am so glad you son is home.

In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama Pearls of Wisdom)

Halfmoon Girl said...

Hi, I want to nominate you for a Thinking Blogger Award. Come check it out.

Unknown said...

I'm thankful for sunshine and friends.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for YOU and the witness of GOD in your life!

And another THINKING BLOGGER award! Whoo-hoo for you! D

Diane Viere said...

Such a powerful list of gratitude! My heart rejoices with you, most especially for the return of your son.

Let the banquet begin! (Luke 15: 22) I am celebrating with you!

Diane

Diane Viere said...

Such a powerful list of gratitude! My heart rejoices with you, most especially for the return of your son.

Let the banquet begin! (Luke 15: 22) I am celebrating with you!

Diane

Nise' said...

Sharon, what an awesome thankful list and powerful testimony! I am so glad that your son is home and hope he decides he wants to stay there! Prayed for Lauree and Robert last night while I couldn't sleep! God is going to move in that situation! I am thankful for you my friend!

Sharon Brumfield said...

You guys are soooooo sweet. I thank God that each of you have become part of my life.You all are truly a blessing--you make my heart tender.

Holly said...

Can I say...you bless me, too? Well indeed you do! I've spent the day praying and had to come and see everyone...prayed for you and your concerns, asked God to be Migthy over them! Wondering too if He may not just move you to the mountains, yet!
Love in Him,
Holly

Mary said...

You have a lot to be thankful for. I joy over the return of your son. Praise God!
Thanks for stopping by my place.
Blessings.

Mommy said...

Thanks for visitng me. :) I really enjoyed your Thankful Thursday. I too have some "trust" issues, and God has been teaching me an aweful lot. THat is why I posted my Thankful Thursday. Those were the things that I had a hard time "seeing".
I am so glad that God is ever present, and never changing! :) I am thankful we can rest *in* Him.

By the grace of God ... said...

When I read different thankful lists, I think, "Wow, I need to put a couple of these on my own!" As in the case of yours ... a few hit close to home. Rejoicing about the return home of your son!!

Anonymous said...

We also rejoice with you for Michael returning home! He is so Blessed with wonderful, Godly parents and grand-parents!

eph2810 said...

Oh, thank you Sharon for sharing from you heart. How awesome that you son returned to the LORD - Praising Him with you...
I have to admit that I have put pastors on a pedal-stool when I was younger. Today I know that they are just as human and sinful as we are.

Thank you again for sharing your thankfulness with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Sharon, your Mom and Dad are so proud to KNOW your heart and hear the wisdom coming from the Godly woman that you have beome. We rejoice over Michael's return home and will continue to pray that God will allow us to see the Godly man that he WILL become.

Diane Viere said...

What a powerful testimony and great list!

I am rejoicing with you...your son is home!!!!!

Diane