Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Beautiful Day

So....it seems that is must be time for another post. :)
First, thank you for all of your prayers!
The week ended well.....the final exam is over and now the hands on begins.
Yikes!
But before the work begins....it was time to get out and clear my brain.
It was time for a little R&R....so today I took Julia and a friend to Fun Depot.
The three of us enjoyed playing the games and did a little go cart riding--this always brings out the competitive spirit in me. I think the lady in front of me finally got the idea and she sweetly moved over and let us pass. :)
If not for that delay......I would have come in first!
Fun Depot is located in Asheville and unknown to me.....it is owned by Christians. It was my first time there and I was a little surprised when I walked in and saw the 10 Commandments posted on the wall. But since our area is in the Bible belt..... I figured that they were just trying to remind people to watch their p's&q's. That's right....no running people over on the go cart course! ;)
We spent a few hours enjoying ourselves and when it was time to leave I looked over at the indoor put put golf course and what words smacked me in the face?
Each post- for writing down your score- held a sign with a verse that spoke of the ways to salvation!
It is so good to see that this company is not afraid to share what it believes.
It was a good day!
Soooooo....about clinicals next week....ugh!
I am referring to the idea of...well.....giving "personal" care. I know, I know.....it will be different when I get there and it is something I am doing...and not something I am thinking about. You know...giving someone a bath while being observed for technique.....that just makes me a tad nervous.
There are a list of steps that we were taught to follow....and without getting too personal.....no one wants to have to say, "Secuse me Ms So n So...but I messed up, do you mind if I do that again?"
So...please Dear God....if You could please help me get it right the first time I would really appreciate it. :)
I feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about it.
 I will get to wear comfortable clothes......so....looking forward to that at least. Who doesn't enjoy wearing new clothes? :) See there is a silver lining to every cloud.
Speaking of silver linings......I have a little something to
give away! 
Yes, although I have barely had time to get around in blogdom the past month....I won something. My sweet friend Holly was giving away a blog make over...and although I thought I was just commenting....I won it.
Now we all know that I love the last make over she gave me.....and I really want to keep it. I just think it is me at this time in my journey........so I shall pass it on.
For the next week....while I am changing beds, brushing other peoples teeth(can't think about that either), and giving baths.....you can leave a comment and win a blog makeover! This is what it includes!

So......leave a comment........and I will draw a winner on Friday sometime.
And then I will pass Holly's email on to you that ya'll can get started...right in time for Spring.
If you are interested in what kind of work she does....here is the link.
She does a great job.....just ask Leslie!
Love you...talk to you soon!

9 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

I already won a blog make over...so not here to win. Just here to say I am so proud of you. I remember being fearful too of doing simple tasks like baths. I remember being so afraid to catheterize an elderly woman. Now I do it all day long...You will be great. Hugs dear sister.

Nise' said...

You are going to do fantastic Sharon, I love your tender heart towards the patients.

Don't enter me as Holly already did a wonderful make-over for me on both my blogs.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Well, when public speakers are nervous, the trick is to picture the audience naked...I guess that doesn't really fit your situation though, lol! We'll have to think of something else. How about that it must be worse for them than for you??? Go to your happy place- picture yourself running everyone off the track in your go cart! Anyways, after those unhelpful tips from me, I have to say that I LOVE Holly's work. Consider me entered!

SunnySusan said...

Nice to know you are still hanging in there...don't want the makeover..just wanted to say love you lots....

Denise said...

Sis you are going to do a wonderful job, praying for you. I love you.

pam said...

ugh...doing something with watchers...praying His peace. Big WOO HOO that class stuff is over! At one of my favorite greenhouses they have golf carts to ride around the many acres of flowers, bushes and trees. :o) Let's just say that my family LOVES to floor them in the back 40 and have some fun. We've been known to race a bit amongst the giant trees.

Fitter After 50 said...

I'm glad you had a chance to have some fun. I admire you for what you are able to do. I have too weak of a stomach for that sort of thing. It's always different when it's your own but you know what I mean . I could use a makeover and it might be nice to have a blog makeover too. Please enter me and thanks for the update.

Terri said...

Sharon so good to see you peek your head out of those books! And great to hear you finally got to get out and have some fun! That is good for the brain and the soul!
I have terrible test anxiety. Really! My brain shuts down and it doesn't matter how well I know the material, I can't think.
When I went to state boards, I did very well on the written portion of exam. The practical was taped, only 10 min. to be viewed by the "massage masters" of the state. Their opinion could sink me in 10 short min.
The camera rolled. I began sweating, shaking, felt sick all over. I could feel myself failing less than a minute in!
I remembered to pray. I asked God if this was the path I was to follow, the path he had choosen for me, I needed him NOW! Within seconds I calmed. It were as if someone else were using my hands. My confidence soared. I left the room knowing I had passed!
You can do this girl.Soon naked bodies will mean nothing to you. Just work with an open heart and the rest will be taken care of for you. I promise!
Love and Blessings
Terri

Lisa N Alexander said...

No blog makeover needed, just wanted to say congrats on getting through finals!