Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Still here

Just wanted ya'll to know that I haven't given up blogging......yet. :)
I am here and wading through this life.
We had a board meeting this past weekend....but still no answers about what our future will hold.
The plan is to open Mountain Top Experience in April....and oh my goodness the amount of work
that still has to be done.
We are still not sure if it is God's will for us to be the camp directors. This process is slow and excruciating!
But we don't want to force the hand of God...and we DON'T want to be where He does not want us.
So we wait.
Another one of those be still and know that I am God times.
My flesh hates this....but I am counting on the fact that this is working out great things in my spirit.

Till then....I am going to look for a job.
If I am right..... this will be the first paying job I have had in almost 12 years!
I started thinking back on what I am qualified to do.....you know dusting off the cobwebs and shooing away the spiders and dust bunnies from those old abilities that have not been used in FOREVER.
Kind of scary!
Prayers will be much appreciated. ;)
We will see what God comes up with.

I know you have noticed that I have not been out and about.....I promise to do that soon.
I am not ready for my time here to be finished...hopefully God feels the same.

As we continue to pray about doing our deputation.... Mom was looking back through family newsletters to see if she could find some format for us to use.
In an old newsletter from 2001, that she forwarded to us, was this fantastic reminder.
I will leave you for now with this great piece of wisdom.

Great Truth to Remember:

God is attracted to weakness.  He can’t resist those who humbly and honestly admit how desperately they need Him.  Our weakness, in fact, makes room for His power.
.
LOVE YA GIRL!.......But HE LOVES YOU MORE!

13 comments:

Shirley said...

Sharon...so good to hear from you. We know God has a plan and it will be revealed in His time. We know that the waiting is sometimes hard...I believe that when we are at a loss of what He wants us to do...if we continue serving Him in the work that is before us...getting so involved in His work though not sure of His will...keeping our hearts open to His leading...He will reveal His will in His time...when we least expect it...whatever His will be...we will be content and satisfied with it...because it is His will for us...He knows best...He loves us. I know that our flesh often gets in the way...
we are naturally inpatient...but...
He will see us through...with His strength...His patience...His leading...His love. Psalm 27:14

Love you girl!

pam said...

We may think we're waiting for "???" but actually we're living a GREAT day with Him each day...no matter what we see or feel or know.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Great quote. Just trusting is the only thing that will get us through those times of "waiting", otherwise we can feel slightly insane, or a lot insane!

SunnySusan said...

I was just thinking about how I missed you..then I open my reader and there you are...... \0/

I hope you are not going to close the blog up...I would have to set my phone to remind me to email you then...don't want to lose touch with you....

God is doing an amazing work with you and He will let ya know when He wants....getting a job...praying for that...

God is doing an amazing work with Paul and I too...getting closer together...will have our 18th next week....we want an amazing marriage not just mediocre ya know....love you girl....hugs

A Captured Reflection said...

This really is a season of change in your life isn't it? I am sure you don't want to 'jump' in to anything that might look great on the surface or just 'appear at the right time' and I can tell you are trusting God for the right things, even when it means wait, hold, stand - having done all stand. A friend of mine has been praying for a 'blueprint' of what God wants her to do - I pray right now that there is a blueprint for you and Keith, with amazing clarity that gives you the strength and the peace as you stand and wait. Mel of Mel's world blogged about a book she has been reviewing - it sounds good - something about living in the valleys and it not being about the mountain top...strength for the valleys, sounds good.

Mary said...

Sharon,

Praying for your situation. I'm sorry I haven't visited lately. First, Dwight had a mini stroke, the we all got some kind of bug...not the flu but sinus trouble etc.

Wishing you a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Mary

Sandy said...

Have you and Keith ever thought about working at a bed and breakfast till you can own your own?
we pray that you will be sensitive to the Lord's will in your lives!
Still enjoy your blog so much!

Denise said...

Hey girl.. I have also been missing from blog land for a while.. but hope that I am back for good. The perfect will of God... not something that HE dangles before us just out of our reach but a plan that HE has for us and is so willing to reveal that will to us in HIS time. HE never gets in a hurry and we sure wish that HE would at times. We just keep moving in the direction that is laid out before us and HE will move us to HE will make sure that the end result is exactly where HE intended us to be.. I will pray ... HE will lead.. What a journey you have been on...

Melanie said...

I have been missing you! I'm glad you're back, for now anyways. I'm dealing with a different but similar situation right now too. I need to make a big decision and I just wish I had a clear answer about what to do. I don't like waiting and I just wish I knew what was the right thing to do. Praying for you!

luvmy4sons said...

I just started back working after 13 years...only 3-4 times a month but it's been good. Challenging. Tiring even. But good. I pray God will make His will known...soon and very clearly. Love ya girlfriend!

Denise said...

Praying for you sis, love you bunches.

Holly said...

Just as your blog says, in every season God is there, holding your hand and guiding the way. I prayed just yesterday that He would continue what He began and not abandon the works of His hand in my life.

Praying that for you, too.

Denise said...

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??

Blast Off? Tell me about it.. I have missed something down the line somewhere..

Hugs