Thursday, July 2, 2009

Weightiness

I know that some of you have already seen this video....it has been making its way around blogdom. But I saw it for the first time yesterday over at Samaritan Woman.
It really hit my heart.
I remember those times of crushing anguish. It was painful.....and at times I wondered if something was wrong with me. After those times passed by....I realized that I had been given a gift. To share a burden of God......what an honor.
I want that back......I want the weightiness of that back!
It is time to drop to our knees and lift our hands........to take back what is our gift.



I have wondered where the power has gone.
Why the body of Christ stands for the most part...weak.
I know God gives the power to complete His will....look at the life of Jesus.
If we want to see the glory of His power at work here in our world......we must return to His will.
Not our will.......... but let His will be done.
Dear God....let it be so!
Do what you have to in my heart to make it tender and willing to Your need.

Thank you Denise for sharing this post.

7 comments:

Denise said...

AMEN!!!!!!! Taking back what is a gift of God......... Burdens that change lives........ Standing in the gap........ Taking on the weight! Pray until we are weak and worn out... Great joy will follow..... I know ,,, I have been there but it has been tooooooooo long...... Help me Lord to anguish for others!

luvmy4sons said...

Amen...all I could hear was the song...Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me. Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me. Melt me...mold me...fill me...use me...Spirit of the Living God fall fresh on me! Amen.

Denise said...

Amen, amen.

Myrtle said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I have never seen it before, and I wept. I love all the love for God I see on your blog. May God bless you richly. Annie

SunnySusan said...

Amen sister

I have never seen this, thanks

I know...I want the weightiness but not the "fat"

Fitter After 50 said...

For those who have experienced "anguish" then you know it doesn't come instantly. Also, there are times that when we pray for it and the Lord begins to answer our prayer, we bemoan our plight. Times of anguish do create more depth of character. The bottom line is it's truly not a pleasant experience but it is a necessary one.

Lisa N Alexander said...

To get the power back will require holy living in public and in private lives. God still requires clean hands and a pure heart. My prayer is that the Church make a return to holiness. You know hate what he hates and love what he loves. I think we've tolerated way too much, compromised way too much. This is a soap box issues for me so I'll put it away. But it's my desire to see God's power and glory returned to His house and His people.