Monday, April 13, 2009

Beautiful Sunday

Then I heard what sounded like a great multitude,
like the roar of rushing waters and like loud peals of thunder, shouting:

"Hallelujah!
For our Lord God Almighty reigns

Revelation 19:6. NIV



Hello to you!
I pray that this days dawning has awakened hope in your heart!
We serve a living God that is just crazy about us.....and He is coming back for us!
What more could we hope for?
I don't know about you- but yesterday church was so sweet. Before the service began I prayed that God would sink some truths way deep down into the marrow of my bones....bringing health....deeper spiritual health.
And I have to admit that the praise and music just made me cry...the presence of the Lord was so tangible.
That does not happen to me often...and when it does....\o/!
So we had an awesome service(yes, the Lord spoke gently to my heart)
and then we headed out to my brothers (my brother and his family)
to change clothes and drive about 30 minutes away to an are called Big Creek. The day was beautiful and cool so we packed a picnic and planned to get some hiking in.Our hike ran along a river that was really up because of all the rain we have had...our area has really needed it.Now ya'll know how nature gets me. I look at the little wild flowers growing along the path at it just screams to me of Gods love. What creativity.....and so often these little spots of beauty are not even seen by the human eye......and yet He plants them. Hmmm....planted by the hand of God...how awesome is that thought!So I am not going take up a lot of your time....today. There is so much I want to talk to you about...but it will have to wait till later. Keith is off today and we are going to hunt through our storage unit for some tools and some china. Fun, fun...and may the rain hold off!
But.... be sure of this......I will be back to talk...my heart is so full.
God is good!
Yes, all the time.....God is good!
Here are a few more pictures from our hike yesterday.....I wish I could include sound!

14 comments:

Mom Gidcumb; Dad Gidcumb said...

Welcome back, Sharon. So glad that you had an awesome day. It was for Dad and me, too. Had a beautiful time of worship at church and then spent the day/evening with Jeannie and the crew. MISSED being you the NC and TN family.

TammieFay said...

I don't know when I missed this...but when did you move to Maggie Valley? We were there last summer on vacation and are planning to go back in July! We've got to get together! We loved it there!

melanie said...

We had an amazing service at our church too. As soon as the music started my tears started too. It was great!!

Can't wait to hear what you've been up to since you've been gone!!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Sounds like a beautiful day- the walk looked gorgeous.

pam said...

What a beautiful day you had...thanks for sharing the pictures...I have to travel so far to take in such sites...its wonderful to enjoy through your eyes.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Mary / Mariah said...
Oh this reminds me of when I was young and my parents and I went walking through a hollow . We looked for mushrooms , furns and wilf flowers . Back then you could dig up furns and plant them at home . I still have some of them growing in my yard 56 or so years latter . Who would have thought .
It was a great place to hike and walk in the creek that ran throuh the hollow .
Mary

luvmy4sons said...

I just love your precious heart...I could almost FEEL your joy! Loved your pictures! Just a beautiful place you are in. So glad you took time to give us a little update and look forward to your future musings...Thanks for your encouragement today on my blog! Love ya!

Sandi said...

I loved our Easter Service also. I sing in the special Easter Choir it touches me to see how the music is touching people. The other great joy I had was my sister and her family showed up. They don't go to church but liked my pastor ever since he did Dad funeral last year. So they thought they'd come to church for Easter. Yes the smile filled my whole face when I saw her sitting in the front row.

Thanks for checking on me I am doing much better since I was touched by God.

Denise said...

Sounds like such a wonderful blessing of a day sweetie, love you.

Sharon said...

Oh wowwwww those photos are truly breath taking. Yes sister sounds like the Lord has surely been working on you, and I am so excited I cannot wait to hear more from you. Praise the Lord!!!!
I have so missed you and I'm glad you are back.
Have a Beautiful and Blessed and Joy filled day :)

MelanieJoy said...

Love the pictures...thanks for taking me along...lol. I love the scripture you put with the first photo. Glad you guys had a wonderful day!

Fitter After 50 said...

Welcome back!! Did you miss me? :) LOL! Seriously, it sounds like there might not be enough disk space for all you have to share. I'm already looking forward to it. It's good to have you back! :)

MJ said...

It was so nice to see you were back! The pictures are beautiful!