Sunday, February 8, 2009

Love you girl!

Tonight I started the Beth Moore study.... Esther. Do you know I started blogging because I couldn't comment on her blog without having a blog...or so I thought.
Esther has always been one of my favorite stories in the Bible.....yes, I think it has something to do with the fact that the main character is a female and she saves a nation.
If she was here today
we would give her a high five and say, YOU GO GIRL! :)

It was really so odd walking into that room tonight- a room of women none of which I really knew other than a few by name. It is the first time that I will take a whole study of Beth's without being the facilitator.....which in our old women's group meant that I was the one who did all of the work book and was ready to present it. :)

It was a great evening and I know I am where I am supposed to be. I am so looking forward to opening my book tomorrow morning.
It has been a long time since the days of spending three hours in the word
just because I wanted to.
My cup of coffee, my Bible, my notebook and pen...there was nothing like it.
For years it was really all I did (it was my life)......and then things started happening.
It did not happen over night....but three hours became two and two down to the 45 minutes for my study material and then time for Mr Chambers.
During the really dark months....there was nothing. I felt I was being crushed by life.
Some of you walked with me through those times. Thank you!

Beth talked tonight about the dark night of the soul... and not long after I started blogging I entered the darkest period of my life. That period would last almost two years.
Two years of wondering why my life had been flipped upside down. Wondering what happened to the dreams and visions that God had given me. Times when I wondered what was so horribly wrong with me that people in my life seemed bent on trying to destroy me.
It was and has been a season of....... WHY?

And then God brought us here and things began clearing. I began to understand that God had allowed me to go to a place where experience would make knowledge- truth in my life.
He would show me that there were things ruling my life that needed to be weeded out and burned.
In the last two months I have felt the drawing again. \o/
The raw pain is not screaming in my face everyday.
And I miss Him.
I look toward the heavens and I want to stand in His presence again.
I want to communicate with Him the way I have.

Does this mean that I have not been doing anything? No. But it has been so dry. I want to look at what He has been doing all this time with understanding. I hope He will grant me that.
I know that there is never a point in our life where we are getting slapped around..... without His permission....if we wear His name. And like Job....He never allows it just because.
But if you don't wear His name --you are not under the same type of protection.
But you can remedy that really quick.....I'd be glad to tell you how.


So all the above is to say that I have been feeling for awhile that He has been calling me.
Calling me to sit at His feet again.
I knew what that calling would mean to my time here. And I ran from what He was saying.
I have taken my time here very seriously. I have learned to love some of you deeply.
Really... what an honor to meet you this side of heaven.
I have prayed for you during the dark hours of the night.....and I have cried over the details of your lives and rejoiced when we saw God move and miraculous things happen.
How could God ask me to leave this? Ya'll are my heart.

But for now I must follow what I feel He is saying. And I feel He is saying that for now............while I am doing this study............. I am to be silent here on my blog.
I will be out and about checking on you and I will be praying for you......you really are precious to me. How could I help but love you......you are part of Him. There are some of you that I have been with almost since I started over two years ago......I consider you dear sisters. And there are some of you that I have known only a short amount of time and you have slipped into my heart too. His blood does amazing things.
So know I am here.
If you need me-any of you ........you have my email.

God has a plan......and I am to make sure that I am seeking His face.
He is working and when those plans are made sight I want all of those who have been praying for our future to see what your prayers helped bring to reality.
It is going to happen!

I love you....and you can take that to the bank!

I'll come back some time around or after Easter....that is when our study will be over.
And we will see what God says then about my blog.

Till then....Go With Jesus!

59 comments:

Shirley said...

Dear Sharon.....you will be missed. I've only been blogging since September 2008 and have come to love you and look forward to your posts. You and others are an inspiration to me. I understand what you must do and am happy for you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love ya!

Denise said...

Bless you sis for listening to that precious, still voice. I understand, and I am in much prayer for you always. I love you.

Darlene said...

Girl....I understand ...there have been times that I have taken small breaks from blog world. Most of them where due to a heavy heart over our daughter. I admire you for listening and then follow the lead that God has given you. I too have felt Him leading me in a direction that well, frankly is way out of my box. I am praying for God to give me confirmation in this direction.
Our church starts the Ester study next week...I am excited and nervous ....I love to get new pens and paper just for the new book. I always have great intentions that I will do all the homework ...then life happens and I get behind ...then sidetracked and don't finish the study. I hope this time it will be different.
You are the best and I will miss you. Praying for you and yours!
Darlene

P.S. sorry its so long!

Anonymous said...

I understand!

SunnySusan said...

You will be missed my friend but I know God will be doing a fantastic work in you.....I am excited about that when you come back....blessings and my love and prayers for you

Anonymous said...

Yes I understand also my friend. Rest and be refreshed. Love you and you are in my prayers:)

pam said...

Shoot, I understand, you need to be obedient but when you first said you were going to be doing Esther I have looked forward to you perhaps sharing on here as you walked through the study...like we could be doing it together...to hear your thoughts. But that's okay. I have enjoyed peeking into your world. Blessings of all His best Sharon!

Denise said...

Sabbaticals are something that we all must do from time to time and it really does not matter from where.... Leaving the blog for a while is what God is calling you to then leave you must....... I understand the hunger for HIM.... I am feeling that so strong myself.... Since I posted the last 4 posts about the divorced woman I feel he is leading me into something. Enjoy your study and see where HE is taking you......

In Christ
Denise

MelanieJoy said...

I understand...I do. Love you too.

luvmy4sons said...

I understand...you will of course be missed...and when you speak again...oh I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I will miss your blog so much. I will be starting the Esther study soon so hope you will share some insigihts on your blog. May the Lord Bless you as you seek to serve Him!

Sharon said...

My friend, pleaseeeee know how much I am going to misssssss you, know that my heart is sadden but happy, know that the tears are flowing down my face because I know you, your going seeking and this is beautiful, I wish I could tag along. Looking forward to when you come back. Even myself I have cut back on blogging so I truly understand. Please lets continue to chat when we can ok.
I really don't want to loose our connection.
Love you my Friend my sister in Christ
xoxoxoxox
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Good for you for listening to that voice! I've been in the same place many times & have taken time off too. I've never regretted it. I think bloggers understand. (( hugs ))) Praying for you! D

Halfmoon Girl said...

I am glad you are taking this time... I will miss you here, but I've got your email! Looking forward to hearing from you after Esther is done...

Sandi said...

Enjoy Esther. It is so more important to sit at God's feet.

Winging It said...

Sharon,my heart is glad for you, bc I KNOW this will be a time of blessing and renewal for you....

My comment to you earlier about the Beauty Parlor and the Holy Spirit?! - well imagine my surprise when I came over here and saw that this was all began with the study of Esther! Becaue God put on my heart a few years ago to study her, and I found some WONDERFUL things (When I wrote about it - I called it "Welcome to the Beauty Parlor!"), and I love the enuch that she found favor with, he is a picture of the Holy Spirit for many reasons, but, I can tell you that I am SOOO excited that God is doing this for you!

Looking forward to the testimony and praying for you!
love,
Maria

Nise' said...

Love you too! It is been a great getting to know you over these past two years. May God continue to draw you to Himself and bless your socks off!

Sharon said...

Have a wonderful and Blessed weekend my friend.
Hugggss and Love
Sharon

Happy kisssssey Valentines Day to you and hubby

Mary said...

Sharon,

You have been and are, an inspiration to me, Sis and I will truly miss you while you take your hiatus. But we need to go where God is leading us and so I do understand. I will be praying for you, Girl.

Love and abundant blessings as you go about His work.
Mary

Technonana said...

We started the study in Jan. it's one of her best and you will be so blessed...
will be coming back to see what you think!!
In Him,
Sharon

MJ said...

Sharon...I will MISS you and your blog so much! I am so happy that you have this focus and I will pray for you and your family. I look forward to seeing where God's plan takes you.

Anonymous said...

That is funny that you started a blog just so you could comment!!

I'll miss you during your break. You are always an inspiration to me- in your posts and the comments you leave me.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

I started blogging for the exact same reason...I couldn't comment on blogs, thus I started my own. When I found out how easy it was, I took it as an opportunity to paint my words for an audience! What a ride.

I, too, began Esther with my girls this week. It's going to be great. I understand your need for a pause; enjoy your fellowship with the Lord and with your new group of friends. We'll see you after your pilgrimage to the Easter cross. What a privilege to walk it with you.

peace~elaine

AK said...

Gah I'm so bad a/b remembering to comment after reading things from my reader! Enjoy your break girl, I'm excited to hear about the things God teaches you while you're away! Love you!
Amy

AK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
luvmy4sons said...

Missing you girlfriend....

Gigi said...

May God bless you as you walk in obedience to His will :)

Unknown said...

I'm alway so glad when you come to my blog .
Please stop over , I have a sisters aword for you .
God Bless you and help you with what ever your needs are .
Mary

pam said...

Hey Sharon...I think we're pretty much on the same week in Esther. That quote about our past hit me also...I have known that and as horrible as mine was I really am thankful because that is how I met Jesus. The part I'm not really thrilled with is that the past seems to have consequences that go on and on. Some God has stopped and some just rear their ugly head...a consequence that I know He can deal with but I grow weary sometimes. I know there is one HUGE consequence that keeps me pressing into Him as I cry out for change. That always seems to evolve into other discussions with Him, leaving the original issue behind...so I guess it is pure testimony that ALL things can be used for good...we just don't always see the results quickly.
Wow, that was a wandering ramble. I LOVE that about God...how everyone hears/reads the same info but God takes them down different paths for their peculiar lives. :) Hope you're digging in...I do love her studies. HUG...miss hearing your heart.

Anonymous said...

Just because you're not posting, doesn't mean I'm not thinking of you. Have you given any thought to Greensboro?

Vicki said...

You know I'll miss you...I already do:-) But anyone part of the "sisterhood" here knows and understands. May your time with Him be joyful and refreshing. May you wake up with a song in your heart and a passion to know Him even better! Can't wait to hear more later, dear friend. Love ya bunches. ♥

Darlene said...

Just wanted to check on you and let you know I miss you!
Blessings,
Darlene

nomore said...

blessings to ya! while missin' ya :O)

In Him, Deanna

Sharon said...

I miss you so much, cannot wait till you come back. I pray all is good your way.
God Bless you my friend

luvmy4sons said...

Missing you...hope your time away is going well! I wish we could talk...I am struggling with grown up boy issues...I know you would understand! But just stopping by to say hello!

luvmy4sons said...

Missing you...hope your time away is going well! I wish we could talk...I am struggling with grown up boy issues...I know you would understand! But just stopping by to say hello!

Winging It said...

Hi, Sharon! Miss you, Girl! Sending prayers for your sweet refreshing this morning! And much goodness for your sweet family!

Hope you are enjoying Esther!

xoxo,
Maria

Connie Barris said...

I know in which you speak of very well...

the "seasons"... Eccl...

Thank you for your heart.. and your vulnerability..

God bless you in how HE is using you

TammieFay said...

Oh, Sharon!
I've just been where you are right now. I'm just coming back to our "bloggy world" after a long break and wanted to come by and see you sweet sister. Come by and see me when you get back! Until then....I'm praying for you!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

I just had to tell you this...I knew you would be excited. My son raised about $1,000 for tuition for 7 orphans and $500 for clothing and food and toys for the tribal village children in Thailand. But this is the best part ever---God opened a door--- this Thursday he leaves for Thailand to hand deliver the gifts to the orphans and village kids. Is that unbelievable or what? May God continue to make the mountains low and your little hills and big valleys high in order to know Him. It's been a dark night of the soul for me for a very long time but I'm at a good place cause I want Him more than to be out of it and it hasn't always been that way. Thanks again for your encouragement. Looks like you are dearly missed. Bev

Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hi and to let you know I'm thinking of you and praying for you.

MJ said...

Missing you!!! I hope you are doing ok and know I am keeping you in my prayers!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I was thinkin' so much of PMin' you to see how you were doin' but wanted to give you that much needed space! You brightened my day with your unknown answering of my prayer.

((hugs))

Mary said...

Sharon,

Just stopping by, Sis, to let you know I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

Blessings,
Mary

Michele Williams said...

You will be missed, but I totally understand. Sometimes you need to sit under the Juniper Tree for a while... I pray the study goes well and you will glean everything the Lord wants to show you. God bless you my friend....

MOMSWEB said...

There is no better place to be than at the feet of Jesus. I enjoyed sitting with you awhile. Have a joyful day and may God bless you for blessing me!

Vicki said...

Just cruising by to say hey again. Love you, girl. ♥

Anonymous said...

Still thinking about ya! :) Hope you're doing well neighbor.

Anonymous said...

Hi, back to check in.. .miss ya, praying for ya. . .see ya. .LOL

MelanieJoy said...

well, it's nice to see you playing around with the blog look. I think I'm about ready to close mine down....nobody comes around now days.
Tomorrow the big day!!! Talk to ya soon!

Anonymous said...

New picture. Does that mean you'll be blogging again soon? :)

Sharon said...

I been thinking about you, and just wanted you to know that! I pray all is going well for you.
Sending Lotsss of Hugggsss your way!
Have a beautiful and blessed day my friend :)

MJ said...

Your blog colors are so pretty! Missing you and you posts!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you the other day. How are things with you?

MelanieJoy said...

It's almost Easter...=)HeeHee
I'm ready for you to get back! I know you have some things to tell!
I just know it =)

Darlene said...

Wanted to stop by and show you some love! I miss you!
Hope you have a Fabulous Easter!

Sharon said...

Hello my friend I miss you so much :) I pray that you and your family have a Great Resurrection Sunday as well.
I am so looking forward to going to this new church on Sunday, I really like it there, the only down fall with it is there is so many helpers, that theres no room for hubby and I too expan with them :( soooo we will keep looking Amen!
Have a beautiful and Blessed weekend :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just found your blog...It is so pretty. I love it.
Hope you will stop by my blog. I am a new blogger, that has a lot to learn. This is my second month in the world of BLOG. I have a great give away this month. This drawing will be the last day of April. Just leave a comment and you are in the drawing.
This NEW blogger was so touched by all the comments I received on the Blog Party (over 300). I have decided to make this a monthly GIFT... I so loved reading every comment.
In May, there will be some fun blogs coming from Disney World. I hope to blog every night, in case you like a good trip report. There will also be a Disney giveaway. I am so thankful for all my new friends.