Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I need a good recipe for Mac and cheese


This is a call out to all ya'll who like to do homemade macaroni and cheese.
My nephew loves mac and cheese from the box...oh the horrors!
I am going to make some home made stuff for tomorrow and I would like
those of ya'll who do the homemade thing
to give me a few hints if you have time.
I have done it before but it was foo foo and I think he would probably not prefer
the fine dinning version.
I have heard that instead of making a bechamel sauce that I should use evaporated milk and eggs.
??????
Just looking for what works best for you.
If you have the time I would love to have your hints.
Thanks...and I'll let you know how it all works out. ;)

6 comments:

Mary said...

Sharon,

Mom and Grandma always made a white sauce and then added shredded cheese to melt. It is good mac and cheese and what I was brought up on, but nothing fancy.

I just sent you an email with the information about the book swap. Thanks again for participating.

Blessings,
Mary

MelanieJoy said...

Oh, I so wish I had that little smily face man to insert here...
Just teasing with you because you so know I can't cook. LOL
So I personally like to box kind. No really good luck and I hope someone out there can help a Sister out.
As you can tell I'm feeling much better today!

Halfmoon Girl said...

I made one that the family liked a while ago. I will go look and see what the recipe was. I think most of the success was that I was more patient with the cheese sauce than i usually am. I hesitate to give a chef any pointers though...

Unknown said...

Hi Mary,
The recipe I'm providing the link to makes wonderful macaroni and cheese and it's not hard. You make a simple white sauce and the breadcrumbs make your casserole crunchy and tasty.
http://hubpages.com/hub/Macaroni-and-Cheese-Casserole

I love the design of your blog, BTW.

Denise said...

I love you.

luvmy4sons said...

No recipe but just had to LOL at: "Hh the horrors!" When I used to eat cheese I LOVED box versions over home made versions too!