Wednesday, December 12, 2007

12-Christmas-Things-About-Me-Hoopla


First-the important thing to know is that you are about to walk into the new world of Hoopla.
What is hoopla? Well according to Andrea of Life Songs this is what it is and where it originated.
"Today while my mind was wandering at work, I decided to create my own meme hoopla (due to the popular dis-like of the 'm' word, I made an executive decision to change it to 'hoopla')."
I have been tagged (we need another word for that word too-any ideas?) for this hoopla.
So here we go. Here are the golden rules.

1. List 12 random things about yourself that has to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.
5. If you want to -- please give me, Andrea, some link-love as the 'Hoopla-Creator'. I love new blog-traffic.
Sooooooooo-you did notice number three right? Don't you turn the channel. Sounds like some infomercial. It won't be painful because it is no longer that "M" word.
Sooooo, without further ado or to do--my 12.

1. I first experienced Christmas at the ripe ole age of 2 and three quarter months. Can't say I have any memories of this. Hope for Moms sake that I was nice enough to sleep through it.

2. Christmas stockings must have little wrapped gifts in them. And they may not be opened until all other gifts have been opened. Don't forget the candy.

3. I have made fudge almost every year since I started making no fuss fudge for my granddad when I was probably around 10. It is very easy. You can change up the flavors. And it does not require a cooking thermometer. My granddad love Chocolate and peanut butter fudge. It made me feel very special to be making something he loved. Now when Christmas rolls around this is a signature dish for me.

4. And like Andrea--I have never played Mary in a Christmas play. Julia is following in my footsteps. The other day she wondered why she always seems to be chosen for the angel role.

5. This year will be the first time I have been home all day on Christmas day. \o/ Thank you Jesus!

6. Stocking are special because of my grandad. If you missed that post and you are dieing to know why-you can go here. It was one of those things on Christmas that starts with the "M" word.

7. When I was little we put the silver tinsel on our tree. But, I no longer do this. Fascinating-I know. :)

8. I love spiced hot apple cider. Mom used to make this with all the separate ingredients but now I have found a mix at Fresh Market. Yes, I love this place. I really think they should pay me to advertise for them. Yesterday while we were there I found an older man that would love to host the commercial with me. Keith on his word purchased whole milk to try. It has been a long time since I saw that much floating cream. The next time I go I may have to try the ice cream that that he says tastes like lemon meringue pie. yum!

9. I only like white lights on my tree. And although I like it to be decorated in an orderly way--I am getting a little more relaxed in my old age.

10. This year I have decided to do non traditional foods for us for Christmas. So-if you have a non traditional dish for Christmas I would love to hear it. This year I am going to make a rum cake for the first time. If you do not do alcohol-sorry-no offense. It calls for vanilla pudding but I am going to use white chocolate instead. We will see.

11. I WANT (stomp of foot here) snow for Christmas! And you guy who are going through rough weather right now--I'm sorry. I guess winter for some of ya'll is like hurricane season for us. You hold your breath and hope the worse passes over.

12. I MADE IT! And if you are reading this -you did too. Congratulations!
What oh what shall I write for this? Hmmmmm How about this? THings I like to drink at Christmas. Hot spiced tea(the type made with tang), hot chocolate, eggnog, hot buttered rum, hot apple cider with seasoning mix and of course coffee.

Phew! We made it.
Now it is time for the t word. I know-busy busy. But you can do it! You really can.
I am going to tag 5 people.
Drum roll please..............

Melaniejoy
Shore Stories
Kentucky Woman
I'm In Another Place In Him
Did You Ever Think About

Now if you have already been tagged for this hoopla just let me know and I will supply the "pass" so you do not have to do it. But, if you have not-I expect for you to drop and give me 12!
And please be sweet and let me know when it is up so that I can come read.



10 comments:

Andrea said...

Girl, you are too funny! Thanks for participating. You did a fabulous job!

As for a non-traditional Christmas meal...how about beef enchiladas? It's Mexican and it's DELICIOUS!! If you're intersted, I can email you the recipe. Email me at lesan@mts.net.

Denise said...

I enjoyed reading this sis.

Kellan said...

I love your 12 Christmas things. I too make fudge, choc. and peanut butter - we love fudge!! TAke care. kellan

Denise said...

Visit my blog when you have time, I have an award for you.

Mary said...

Sharon,

I loved learning all of these things about you. This is a great bit of hoopia.

I have just talked to Deena's daughter and as of just after 7 pm Illinois time, Deena was still in surgery. Please continue to pray for her.

Love and blessings,
Mary

Denise said...

You are soooooooooooooo funny and I love love your post..... Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog... tough couple of days for me but you made me laugh....... what a gift to give.. laughter...

I hope I am tagged for this,, I would love to get involved......

Unknown said...

Nice hoopla! and I love the picture of the red tree!

Blessings

MelanieJoy said...

gggeeeee thanks pal. No seriously I think it sounds like fun!! I just don't know if I can come up with 12 =) I'll let you know when I get it posted....yes it will be sooner than the picture. Picture what picture????

Anonymous said...

I LOVE hoopla! :o)

I'll get cracking on it right away!

Anonymous said...

Fun! It's nice to hear about other people's Christmas experiences :-)

I haven't participated yet - but I will!!!

http://www.commonmom.com