Monday, September 3, 2007

All is well



Yesterday was a pretty good day. Today has been good too-- but I want to talk about yesterday.
One the way to church I spent some time praying and listening to my new Casting Crown CD. I had been listening to it all week but it had not really sunk in. On the way to church I felt my spirit start to soften. I began to tell Jesus how much I needed Him and how I loved Him. In my minds eye I walked up to Him and laid my forehead on His chest. I expected Him to wrap His arms around me and just hold me but that was not what happened. Instead He placed His hands on either side of my head covering my ears. He then spoke quietly and said, "Now whatever gets into your head will have to come through the holes in my hands".
My heart soared!
He is my protector! The one who cares when my mind is worn out from the constant onslaught from our enemy. We will see what happens this week as the attack tries to rear it's ugly head.
I also had a peaceful time at church.
It was like I had walked in to a haven and satan could not follow. \o/
Thank God for times of rest!
After church we had a great business meeting. We were able to discuss some issues that will have some big ramifications for our little church should they take place. No one got upset and everyone was at unity. We will discuss the final decision at the end of the month I think.
It was great that we were all of one mind. And our pastor has called us to prayer and fast to see that it remains that way and we do only what God wants us to do.

Next we all adjourned to our house for a little birthday celebration for my pastor. The cake said he was over the hill--not I. We had a good time and plenty of food.
The kids enjoyed the pool and the adults enjoyed each other.
It is great to have family at home and at church.
I do love my church family.

I MUST HAVEN TAKEN THIS WHILE MOST OF THE KIDS WERE EATING
THE BIRTHDAY BOY!

7 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Thought I would come see how you were doing. I found that you had a new post, even when it wasn't on my google reader yet- cool! Glad that your heart has been uplifted by the Lord and time with your fellow believers!

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

So glad the lifter of our heads and spirits showed himself to YOU! :)

Looks to me like you are the hostess with the mostest.

A Captured Reflection said...

I have been praying for you, woke up in the night with you on my heart. What an amazing revelation that was, about the holes in Jesus hands' and what goes into your ears. Wow!

Denise said...

Praise God, so glad you are doing better. God is so very awesome. I love you my friend.

SunnySusan said...

I am so glad you are better...I am too a "little"

Our God is awesome...

Funny I had a dream about a dog under the King's table just waiting around for the crumbs.....He said why are you down there....come sit with Me and I will give you your portion, don't just be happy with the crumbs.....boy did that speak to me....love ya girl...

preacherman said...

I know that God is a God who answers prayers. Praise God for what he has done in your life and will continue to do in your life. Continue to put your faith in God and all your plans will succeed. God blesses us time and time again, if we continue to pray and trust.

Deena Peterson said...

I'm back...

http://wholly-devoted.blogspot.com/2007/09/little-talk-with-god.html