Well the windows of Heaven seem to have opened up and God is pouring out yet another sweet blessing on my head. Honestly, I don't feel deserving. But by His words--He has made me worthy.
My goal in blogging is to put down where I am---and then if people can see me and use me as a sounding board to check themselves--job well done. I get into the most trouble in my life when I am not thinking about what I am doing and not doing. My brain is a jungle, sometimes even I get a little lost. So, thank you for hanging out in the vines with me as we inspect the jungle we call my brain.
Back to the purpose for this post. One of my sister princesses in the land of blogdom has given me a sweeeeet compliment. She has given me the Blogger Reflection Award. How cool is that?
She had some sweet words for me.Thank you Deena. Your writings on Wholly Devoted
have left me inspired and made me think. I really like to think---so thank you very much for cleaning out some of my low hanging limbs.
She shared this about a concert that she went to a while back and I think that we all could stand to remember this truth.
About a year ago our family saw Todd Agnew in concert. My husband bought me a t-shirt that was navy blue and in green it read "Be The Moon". Todd explained his thoughts behind this logo:Be the moon---I think that would be something that we could pray each morning as we roll out of bed...................Dear God, please help me be the moon today. Let me be woman that reflects your glory and love. Now-- I know I could always be a better reflection of His love.
The moon has no light of its own; any light it has is a reflection of the sun. As Christians, we are to be reflections of the Son, having no light of our own. Thus, be the moon.
Before this post gets too terribly long I need to give the reason this award was born.
"The reason for the title is because this award should make you reflect on five bloggers who have been an encouragement, a source of love, impacted you in some way, and have been a Godly example to you. Five Bloggers who when you reflect on them you get a sense of pride and joy... of knowing them and being blessed by them."
I have already gotten carried away with words so without further to do--here are the five (yes, I have to limit it to five-- but everyone who sticks with this blogging things deserves it) award recipients:
1. I have a long standing friend who is truly a part of my heart. God brought her to me to push me in ways that I will probably not understand fully until I get to heaven. Yesterday in prayer- for one of my menteee's --she knocked my socks off when she brought the heavens down. She made me reflect on the love our God has for us and I am so proud that He gave her to me as a friend. She has a blog called In His Palm -sorry, it is a closed blog, maybe one day she will open it and you can get to know her too. Her name is Tracy..............and I love you girl!
2. The has to go to my girl Dee---she so makes me think and reflect on specific things in my walk with God. Her struggles have mirrored many of my struggles. I am proud to call her my sister and I have grown to love her. She has a few blogs but the one I visit most is Dee's Weight Loss Journey. Yes, that is an issue that I struggle with and she is a great help. Thank you girl!
3. This next one has a blog that you can not leave comments on. Yes, that is a little different. But her reason is just to put out there what God is teaching her and not be concerned how many are visiting and what they are saying. Her name is Ann, and her blog is Holy Experience. She has posted some things that have really made me ponder and be proud that she is my sister in Christ. You can email her if you would like. Her site is peaceful---that is a good thing.
4. The next is Leigh at Speaking Thru Me. She is walking it out on line. She has a women's ministry and a purse ministry. Yes, some of ya'll feel the need to be ministered to in this area :). They have become the object of a drawing over at Iris's place. Yes, if you like them you can order them from her. She uses the profits to help with ministry cost. She posts some great truth and even has a Bible study you can participate with on line by Mr Linky.
Check her out. She is a sweet heart. Make sure you leave a comment when you pop over there.
5. I want to give this next one to a little lady over at Halfmoon Happenings. I have come to look forward to her zany life and her light hearted posts. She is the friend you would love to have stashed in the house next door. She reminds me that I don't have to be so serious and I need to just enjoy life a little more. Bet she didn't know that is why I keep her around. Don't feel like you have to post serious thought provoking post girl---you just be yourself, that is why I like you. Even if you are a little "tired and grumpy today". :)
6. Yes, I thought I was going to follow the rules but....No! I have one last one. Do not go here if you are not serious about your relationship with God. But since I know my regulars are-- I would suggest you go on by and visit Karen at Karen's Ramblings. Her last couple of post were from a book she has written about her life. Read part one and see if you can stop reading. she has encouraged me to move on spiritually. I love that I can claim her as a sister.
BE THE MOON-----it is all about reflecting HIS glory.
And this time I am not going to list any other blogs because I don't want you to think you got an honorable mention. ;) Love ya 'Nise. :) But I have to say there are some of ya'll that are tops on my list and you know it! I need to come up with my own award to give out. Could I call it, Sharon's girls? Not sure what that would look like in a button. Any ideas?
Let me say this because I think it is important. When you get an award sometimes it can almost feel like a burden or aggravation because then you have to turn around and write an long post and pick out five people and hope you don't hurt someone else's feelings when you leave them out. May I make a suggestion?
WHAT IF INSTEAD OF TURNING AROUND RIGHT AWAY AND LISTING FIVE NAMES-- WE TAKE SOME TIME TO PRAY ABOUT IT AND THEN PASS OUT THE FIVE WHEN GOD BRINGS A PERSON TO YOUR MIND. So don't feel stressed, that is not what this award is about.