Well I just got home from my weekend away with my hubby and I find that I have been tagged by Christine over at Fruit in Season. Now we all know that I only just learned why they call a MEME-- a meme--yes, just a little slow on the uptake. So you are going to learn some more things about me.
Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them that they have been tagged and to read your blog!.
1. I was very insecure when I went off to college in TN. So insecure in fact, that I would not go to the cafeteria and eat by myself. Kind of sad-----I am not this way any more. God had a lot of work to do on me. Needless to say I did not gain the freshmen 15. I did not starve myself--thanks to mom and her care packages I ate quite a bit of tuna and crackers.
2. I love peanut butter on my pancakes and waffles--and syrup of course!
3. I am addicted to ice. During the storm (Katrina) it was no where to be found until FEMA got here. I had gone two days with none and a delivery guy offered me his. I was so in need of some ice in my hot diet coke--another thing I love--I took it.
4. I eloped with my husband. I moved to Virginia for 3 months with a family that I baby sat for. While there I told my fiance of a year and a half that either we would marry (we had set the date and then he had backed out) or when I got back would no longer be dating. We married in Oakton, Virgina on November 21 of 1988.
5. I got pregnant on my honeymoon.
We had a church ceremony because Keith's Mom wanted to see her baby married. No one knew we were married--I had to tell Mom about the marriage and the baby so she could expand my slip in the wedding dress I had gotten before I went to Virgina.
Keith's Mom passed away a week to the day before the church ceremony.
Yes, not the best way to start a marriage and a family. We had some rough times but God pulled us through.
6. I attend culinary school for three years after we got married. And worked as a sous chef in a fine dinning restaurant for 7 years before I retired to be a stay at home Mom. And Christine, if you lived in the area I could give you those cooking tips. :)
7. During those years I won several awards and competitions. One that I won was as a finalists e in a dessert competition sponsored by Julia Childs. The final competition did not take place (it was for a fund raiser)but I got to meet her and have a picture taken with her. She was very sweet. I have a chef hat signed by her that I keep with the picture.
During those years I also met Emeril Lagasse (I almost went to work for him), and Paul Prudhomme. I was not a woman of God during these years. Matter of fact I had walked away from God during this time. But now that I look back I see His finger prints all over these years. He used this time to bring me out of my shell. I began to see that I had something to offer this world--even if I did become a little prideful at the time. He was taking me places even though I thought I had left Him behind. I have a powerful love for Him because of how He took care of me during those years.
Now for the seven people to tag.
The Desire Of My Heart