Wednesday, March 28, 2007

All in one quote

I was over reading at Fruit In Season and I read this quote. It is fantastic. I should be posted on the walls of our house and the windows of our cars. And if anyone would dare--on the insides of our eyelids. Although if our eyes were shut I think that would defeat the whole purpose. Anyhoooo--it is something I think we could ponder on.


"Every time you make a choice you are turning the central part of you, the part of you that chooses, into something a little different from what it was before...either into a creature that is in harmony with God,...or into one that is in a state of war with God. Each of us at each moment is progressing to the one state or the other."

C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
Thank you Jesus that I did not end the day yesterday at war with you or anyone else (that I know of). I want my life to be in harmony with Him. How about you? God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. I'm thinking I don't want to be resisted by God--I want to be standing on His side of the line.
Thank you God for new mercies every morning.

BTW--womens group went good--we enjoyed our coffee and cream cheese, strawberries and bagels.

Has anybody out there been hearing the story of Mary and Martha lately??????????????????
I have heard it 4 times from different sources in less than a week. Think there is a message there? It is almost begining to get funny. And the girls in group are starting to notice too. Someone called me after group today and told me she had just finished her devotions and guess who was in it? Hmmmmmmm--think God is trying to tell us something.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for the comment...WOW! didn't God do something big for your brother and family!!
I just had a conversation with a friend last night about Mary and Martha. I told her I was a Mary (she brought us a wonderful supper and my laundry was mountain high on the couch). If I had a choice, I'd sit and sit at Jesus feet. Everyone would end up hungry for sure (unless we ordered take-out!). By the way, there's a wonderful book by Joanna Weaver called Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. I think you'd like it a lot.

Blessings on your day, friend!
Holly

Nise' said...

Don't you just love it when God speaks the same message to us through different avenues! I know He wants this BLOND to get it through her skull! I am so glad that you are having a better day today than yesterday. When I was reading your post about venting, I was yelling AMEN sista, she is "crying out" even in blogville! When I fell under attack I cry out Micah 7:8. I have been hearing a lot about "Having a Mary Heart In A Martha World" all over blogdom. I am going to have to purchase it and see what the excitement is about. Onward and Upward!

Sharon Brumfield said...

I love you guys!
Holly--I have the book you are talking about. I bought it a year or so ago but never read it. Buss I need to pull it out.
Nise- I am going to look up Micah 7:8. I can always use a little extra ammunition when It comes time to use the big guns!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon, funny but I have that book but haven't hauled it out either. Hmmmmmmmm... I have had messages come to me over & over at times. I do believe that the Lord often speaks to us in that manner. I'm afraid to say that I'd be a Mary -- I'd be fussing over what I had in the cupboard for Jesus and was my house clean enough and I'd probably miss his message (but I'd be sure to get a CD copy of it! ;) ). It's hard to learn new things! D

Anonymous said...

Yes, the quote Christine picked out for this week was great :)...

Mary and Martha...what a great reminder that we should sometimes just sit at His feet--especially when we get frazzled :)

Blessings to your Wednesday evening.

Christine said...

I'm reading "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World" and it's great. There's another one for ya! And I'm glad the quote spoke to you as it did me!