Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A Wrap Up.

Today is Mardi Gras Day. It is a huge time of partying --the last day before lent starts. We don't participate because of the excess that is exposed during this time. Some of it can be clean family fun-but you have to take the bad with the good. So we have decided to take none. This can be one of those huge issues in our area. Kind of like whether a Christian can drink or not.
So Dh went to the farm in Franklinton and my DD and I are going to stay home and paint. I used to do a lot of water color. Haven't done any in the past two years. I have a real creative side so I like to do something. I have even done a little crocheting lately. I am not fantastic at any of these- but they are relaxing.
My husband worked yesterday (with my help) and got the water to our well fixed. So we are no longer using our neighbors water. Made them some trail mix to say "thank you" for helping us along the trail to our new house. I do hope that by the time we get our house finished they don't think we are nuts but that they still think we are a little sweet. Anyway, that was the scope of our weekend and beginning of this new week. The kids are off school this week. Thought maybe we were going to go to the mountains but our house or lack there of has cancelled those thoughts. So my DD and I will hang around and do female creative stuff.
It is 9:30 in the morning and she is still sleeping and i am getting ready to watch a movie. Don't be jealous. If you were living in a camper you wouldn't have much to clean either. And after that I need to do my Bible study on the Internet and my Beth Moore study. So I do have plenty to do--i am just procrastinating.
For those of you in the freeze zones our weather today will be in the low 70's. That is nice except during the middle of summer you have to take the 100's with 70 percent or higher humidity. Talk about breathing water. We should have gills. But, you know they say it is better for less wrinkles.
Remember in all things give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on now, being a little nuts is not all that bad.

ADasa said...

HA - being 'nuts'!! LOL Enjoy your girlie day! It's negative 1 C. here -- pretty balmy compared to what we've had lately. D