Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Not Doctrine


I will say this is a continuation of my blog "For My Pastor". This is not doctrine--- these are just my thoughts. This part has already been discussed with my pastor. Remember, he said I keep him on his toes.
Now this all goes back to the feeling I have that the body of Christ is not whole. Jesus said, I wish that they would be one as we are one. Who is He talking about? Some say He is talking about different churches. The thing is- at that time there were no Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Catholics, Pentecostals etc. So, I guess within the Body Of Christ something needed to be made one. That would leave males and females. If you know about this time women were a lower class than men. Although Jesus did not treat them this way. They were allowed to sit at his feet and learn--not the back of the church.
If you will humor me and let me back up I have a thought for everyone. We all know that men and women are different. We act differently and we think differently. This is just a thought to ponder. If we were both made in God's image, could it be possible that He took some of His traits and put them into man and then took others and put them in woman. Just a thought. But if that is the case, then when men and women come together as one (heart, soul & mind) would they not present a whole picture of God?
Then maybe we could understand why Jesus would want us to be one---the world would see God. And ,just like Jesus said --"When you see me , you see the Father"----the church could say, "When you see us, you see the Father".
But, how pleased would Satan be to keep half of the body of Christ silent. If he could keep half of us sitting quietly in our seats not using the gifts that the Holy Spirit gave us, then the prayer of Jesus would never come true. We know Jesus was praying the will of God--so a oneness needs to take place. Only heaven knows what this would look like. So we should continue to pray, "let you will be done here on earth as it is in heaven".

And usual I welcome your comments. And these are just thoughts to ponder not doctrine.

No comments: