Wednesday, February 28, 2007

How soon we forget


Remember back to the post Me---A Gideon? Well (no pun intended :) it seems as if more of our soldiers are going to say goodbye. We recieved another ---sorry we can't help you. Remember girls I once heard a wise person say that sometimes rejection is God's protection. I pray this is the case. I do have rocks in the pit of my stomach. I know he is greater still. I will walk by faith and not by sight. Just to give you a little info--from the human side. I don't know what it is about the people we are attracting--maybe they need a little drama in their lives. This guy told me that if this next company was not able to help us there was a company a state away that drills wells for major sudivisions. He then proceeded to tell me that one of the wells they dug was so deep that they were able to set of an atomic bomb in it. Helllllloooooooo! Now how do you think my neighbors would love me then? You were complaining about my shed---how 'bout an atomic bomb? Ha! Ha!
This is so ridiculous that it is almost funny! Weep, Weep.
Now we wait again for another company to call. Guess i won't be taking a bike ride anytime soon. Does stress increase metabolism or decrease it?
Thank you for listening.


Devotional for today--
DO YOU NOW BELIEVE? (not a joke)
"We should get in the habit of continually seeking His counsel on everything, instead of making our own commonsense decisions and then asking Him to bless them. (Is he talking about before or after we dug the hole?) ( And on the serious side, I know he is talking about doing works for Jesus without asking Him if that is actually what He wants you to do. i.e. teach Sunday school) He cannot bless them; it is not in His realm to do so, and those decisions are severed from reality. If we do something simply out of a sense of duty, we are trying to live up to a standard that competes with Jesus Christ. We become a prideful, arrogant person, thinking we know what to do in every situation. WE HAVE PUT OUR SENSE OF DUTY ON THE THRONE OF OUR LIFE, INSTEAD OF ENTHRONING THE RESURRECTION LIFE OF JESUS. ......(O.k, this is good. I am reading as I am typing.) ........When we do something out of a sense of duty, it is easy to explain the reasons for our action to others. But when we do something out of obedience to the Lord, there can be no other explanation----just obedience. That is why a saint can be so easily ridiculed and misunderstood.
OUCH! And is that what has been my problem all my life? I wondered why so many people think I am a strange cookie! ;) Sorry just trying to bring a little humor to a situation.

And for my fellow weight concerned individuals-----I will be obedient and not go for the box of chocolate cakes my DH brought home last night. I hear the voice of the enemy and i will not obey. :[ serious face!

4 comments:

Soul Reflections said...

Take heart,Sharon. God won't let you down but He responds to faith, not to the need. He'll never leave you begging....

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable. So are they going to have to re-drill the well in the same spot, then shove another pipe into the hole, and then cap it?

Sharon Brumfield said...

More likely than not they will have to re drill. I am letting Keith take it from here.

Nettie said...

Ah friend, I will be praying for you ... He will respond I am certain. He will just respond with His answer - which rarely (to me) looks like the answer I had in mind :O)