Sunday, February 11, 2007

For My Pastor

This song is for my Pastor. Yes, I am sure it will make him smile--I know he can identify with having heard the roast excuse! Thank you for sticking with us!
When we first started going to my church there were those who would start getting a little antsy if it started getting close to 12:00 and things were not wrapping up. He actually told people one Sunday to stop worrying about the roast in the oven at home burning. I don't know about ya'll but I think I would be more afraid of something happening and my house burning rather than the roast. Leaving the stove on when you leave is kinda like leaving the iron on.
Anyway, I just wanted to post this for him. We have come a long way since then ---sometimes now he goes to 12:30 or 12:45! I think by now we have learned that the best lunch to plan on Sundays is a lunch cooked at a local restaurant! I guess there are some good things about long services.
And, Yes i enjoy the sermons. My pastor says I keep him on his toes. That is my Peter personality.

Thank God for those Godly men who can handle a Christian woman who has a thought and cares to share it. It is time for the other half of the body of Christ to stand up and use the gifts that God has given them. Jesus prayed that He wanted us to be one. Would the other half please stand up. I'll share some more thoughts in another blog.

To be continued..............

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

What a funny little song. Hopefully nobody in my church is humming it in their head while my pastor is preaching. :)