Sunday, December 6, 2009

He is....


 Thought I would give ya'll an update on my sweet friend.
This was taken on Thursday when I took Elayne to one of her Radiation treatments.
This coming week she starts week two of treatment....things are going well and she is not feel the effects of the treatment yet. They have said that after this week she may start getting a little tired. I am so thankful that
God has given me the opportunity to be with her during this time. There are two other ladies who are taking turns taking her to her appointments...John, her husbands calls us Elayne's Angels....after Charlie's Angles. :)
Please continue to pray for her. She has four weeks total of radiation and then they are going to see if she is still o.k to do a special treatment called.....IL two treatment. Because of the type of cancer she has this is the only treatment that has shown success.  I am  asking that Jehovah Rapha....The God who heals....steps in and blows the doctors away with His healing hand.
I thank Him that His will will be done in this...... as it is being done in heaven.

Then Friday night we were visited by a familiar friend.
 

And that is just how I felt as I looked out the door and saw those beautiful white flakes coming down.
Saturday we took a quick drive up to the ski slope and as you can see-- we did not get enough to keep them from having to make a little of the man made stuff.
 
 Alas......I forgot to bring my pot of cactus in and I am afraid that they won't make it.
 
I just love this time of year.
And even though the trees are bare.....I see the hand of God everywhere.

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse" (Rom 1:19-20). 
He makes the evidence of Himself so clear.....that not one person will be able to stand before Him in the end and say...."I did not know You existed". 

And I know in my life......He is there.
And so I thank Him for the evidence of Him in and around my life------
things like..... a check that showed up that I was not expecting; pictures from my computer that I found on a google site that are the ones I lost when my computer got wiped, two little jobs that have been offered that will provide some extra cash for Christmas, for our church and the people there who love us, and for our warm home when the temperatures outside where in the teens!
I see His hands everywhere.....He is our Jehovah-Jireh (our provider); Jehovah-Shalom (our peace); El Shaddai (our strength giver) and El Olam our Everlasting God!  
And how could we ever forget that He is our Emmanuel.....God with us.
\o/
Remember....we have not because we ask not...don't know why I needed to write that...but it is true!
Love ya girl

 


9 comments:

SunnySusan said...

I love the pics of the snow...I wore a wool jacket to church today...it was cold here for So CAlif...it was so good to be back in church...nearly a month....He is our Healer, Our PEACE, Our Strength giver, our Everlastsing God and our Healer...praying for your friend....and you....I love when God shows His Hand in the little things like finding a gold vein in the rock....oh yea, He is our Rock too.....love ya girl

Melanie said...

I am praying for your friend. I love the evidence that He is there in your life. Little things like the check and the pictures, etc show just how much God cares about us!

MelanieJoy said...

I'm glad you updated us on Elayne...let her know I'll keep her in my prayers. Dad goes back to the dr. tomorrow. I had to take off work so I could take him.
I'm worried satan has reared his big ugly head at church...
I can't wait to here about the jobs. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call you back this weekend...I'm off Tues. with finals so I promise to try then.
Love you...

Denise said...

Praying for dear Elayne.

luvmy4sons said...

Dear Jesus please keep Your Holy touch upon Elayne and bring healing and comfort and solace and grace. Thank you for our bloggy friend Sharon and her precious heart. Thank you for snow...and so many blessings.Thank You Lord for who you are. And You are good!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Our Provider, indeed. I am well-familiar with IL treatments, as a dear friend of mine is currently using them for his cancer. So glad that God put you in Elayne's path to minister to her in this season of your lives. Undoubtedly, she ministers to you as well. What a divine friendship!

peace~elaine

Winging It said...

Echoes, as I travel around the bloggy world and check on my friends, I hear echoes of what God has been speaking to me. I love how He does that. He is indeed our provider! He is indeed our strength, shelter, savior, King, Priest and healer. So glad she and her husband have you ladies to be her angels - God's messengers...that what that means...praying! I was here a few days ago, but wasn't able to comment at the time, but it was good to see this fresh today!

God bless!
Maria

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ThreeGirlyGirls said...

praying for your friend and what a good friend you are! :)