Friday, December 26, 2008

Blessings for the new year

We will open the book.
Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called Opportunity
and its first chapter is New Year's Day.
~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

My prayer for you this coming year.......
That with the power of God ruling your spirit, incredible things will be written in your "book" this year.
May all the things written bring incredible glory to our Father.

14.For this reason I kneel before the Father,
15.from whom his whole family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name.
16
.I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
17.so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
18
.may have power, together with all the saints,
to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
19.and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled
to the measure of all the fullness of God.

20.Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,according to his power that is at work within us,

21.to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Ephesians chapter 3.....from Biblegateway.com

12 comments:

Michele Williams said...

My prayer for you this coming year.......
That with the power of God ruling your spirit, incredible things will be written in your "book" this year.
May all the things written bring incredible glory to our Father.

What a beautiful prayer for us! Thank you so much dear friend. My prayer to you too! Blessigs....

Anonymous said...

Your prayers was truly a blessing to anyone that reads it.!! God bless your my friend ! I am so excited to see what the Lord is going to do in 2009!
Blessings,
Julie

nomore said...

Eph 3:20 ~one of my most "favoritists" verses(made up word -lol!)

I was shopping for a gift for my baby niece for Christmas- thought I'd share... it happened to be that I found the cutest cardinal -a littled stuffed animal, red birdry @ it matched her Christmas dress too!

Blessings!

MelanieJoy said...

I can't wait....

Denise said...

Praying sweet blessings for you dear.

luvmy4sons said...

So powerful when we pray scripture back to God...for we know then that it is His will! Thank you dear friend. It is my prayer for you as well.

Halfmoon Girl said...

What a mindset to start the new year on! I love that scripture. Great new look, Sharon!

Mary said...

Sharon,

Thank you for reminding us that we can write wonderful things in our book for the upcoming year. I am always amazed at your comparisons. I will indeed try, with the guidance of God, to write a particularly good story this year. My prayer for you is that your story is full of God's blessings and an abundance of His love.

Blessings,
Mary

Mimi's Toes said...

Oh Sharon, Thank you so much for your inspirational blog. I feel the presence of Our Almighty God when I open it. You are so special to me and I want to wish you a Very Happy New Year in case I forget. I want to make a fresh start this next year by starting my day off in prayer and giving thanks for everything God has given me....especially thankful for our friendship. Love ya, Rhonda

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

When I consider the pages of this last year and the marvelous treasure trove of truth my God's written there, I am filled with great anticipation and hope for what 2009 will yield.

Walking it completely by faith and with a deep heart's passion for the Lover of my soul.

peace~elaine

SunnySusan said...

I am excited for what God has planned for me and for you in 2009

That prayer is awesome and it goes right back at you too sista.

Love you lots....

Wanda said...

I loved the blog on Sister-in-Waiting! I have friends who, like you, have been struggling with transitioning to a new church family. I've added a link to your blog and hope they read your thoughts and summon the courage to reach out and connect with the Body of Christ again. God sometimes allows us periods of unrest so that He may direct us to a different place where our spiritual gifts and talents are needed. I pray you find your new "sisters" soon. Wanda