Thursday, June 12, 2008

Closing Out Our Time In Texas

Tomorrow will be our last day here at Mo Ranch.
It has been one of the best years yet.
I wake with a song on my heart and my strength has lasted all week!

Here is a little picture of the project that we have been working on this week.
We have 20 little trash cans ready to go home tomorrow.
They came out really great and the kids had a great time putting them together.

Here is the river by our camp. Sorry to say but I did not even get into it this year because I was still to0 burned from my time in the sun before we left home.
There is a slide that goes into the water along with a big rope swing.
If you start further up river you can actually tube down the crystal clear waters.
It is the most awesome place.
Out in the middle of nowhere and brimming with the touches of God.

One afternoon we went out for a drive in order to get the best beef jerky in the land.
While out Keith decided to visit the country side....we got lost...who knew TX was so big.
But while out we enjoyed some unusual Texan farm decorating tips.
Save all old boots and use them to top your fence posts!




Thanks again for your prayers!
I look forward to getting caught up with you all once I get back to Louisiana.
May our God-- of all peace-- fill you till you want no more!
Throw your head back and soak the Son in!

7 comments:

luvmy4sons said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. Love the little glimpses into your time there and the pics. Thanks too dear sister for your beatiful prayers and thoughts on my birthday post. It is so neat to find a sister who seems so like minded. What a blessing. I hope we can meet in person some day and have tea together.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Sounds like a great time Sharon. I love the trash cans. I will have to see if I can see them up close as I have a crafty friend who is looking for projects for her VBS. Cute fence decor. Good thing I know the SON, cause we haven't been getting much of the other sun around here this month!

Anonymous said...

Boots on a fence post huh? Cool idea. I've seen Coyote hides on fence posts and they all had names on them. Looking forward to your upcoming posts. Whatever happened to your mom and her posting?

Anonymous said...

Happy to see everything is going well yes? You are always in my prayers dear friend.
hugs
Deb

Denise said...

I thought that I had been here and left a comment...... I guess not........ I look forward to hearing about your Texas trip and all the things that God did....... I know that He showed up big in your life that week....... I will look for you when you get home... Be safe my friend....... and I will watch for you,,,,,,,

Love

Cal said...

May God bless you as you pack up and move on.

Cal

Mimi's Toes said...

Sounds like it was a great time and looks like a very peaceful place.