Monday, April 14, 2008

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge

30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge.

I saw recently that Denise over at Shortybears Place has been doing this challenge.
Wonder why they call it a challenge. ;)
With all we have going on in our lives-- I have been really thinking about what is going on in my head and what I am speaking with my body language and mouth.
Body language probably gets me more than my mouth-yes, you know you know what I mean.
A little rolling of the eyes here, furrowed eyebrows and yes, those snorts. Yes, I said snorts.
I know-very lady like. :0

So....... here I am. I probably won't post all thirty days
or I won't have a chance to do any other posts.
Here is the first one. And if you would like to work on this yourself --here is the link to the
Revive Our hearts web page.

Day one--
"The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life." Prov. 31:11-12

To refresh your memory . . . here's the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge: for the next 30 days:

  • You can't say anything negative about your husband . . . to your husband . . . or to anyone else, about your husband.
  • Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband. . . to your husband . . . and to someone else, about your husband!

To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for "choosing you" above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner.

One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a "wake up call" that he'll never forget-a big "I love you" and an "I'm so glad I'm your wife!"

------------------
I don't know that the first thing in the morning is the best time to thank Keith for choosing me.
I wouldn't want him to have one of those--"What was I thinking" moments when he sees me with my hair flying all over the place.
But, sometime today--- I will thank him for choosing me.

I might even remind him how blessed he is. ;) No, just joking.
And, I will think positive, loving thoughts about him today.
He really is a great guy ya'll. He evens me out in so many ways.
And see--I just spoke something positive about him to someone. :)
So here goes!
You know what they say--Where the mind goes the body follows.
Hmmmm, this might just be a good thing.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I did one of these 30-day hubby things a while back -- posted it on my other blog. I'm going to check this one out. I love the 'not hitting Keith w/ it in the am' LOL. I often thank my DH for choosing me. He puts up with a lot from me!!! What a guy! D

She Rose Up said...

So good, Sharon! God is REALLY dealing with me about this whole topic..not so much the words I speak...but the ones I think! I spent some serious time in conversation and serious prayer with the Lord yesterday on this topic. It is so my heart to be refreshing, be an inspiration and NOT be a stumbling block.

I hate that I roll my eyes....but, I am definitetly an eye roller...and if I don't do it externally, I do it inwardly at times...I am encouraged that God is shining a light on me to see this lately, because that means He is working in me to bring transformation! Cheers!

Great post!

xoxo,
Maria

Mimi's Toes said...

I actually broke up with my husband while we were dating to date another guy who was in town from Alabama...I missed my husband so much and wanted him back that I put a smelly purfume letter in his mailbox begging for his forgiveness...now 33 years of marriage later, he still puts up with me. I have to admit that in order to get any sleep, I sleep in my son's old bedroom, who moved out. My husband's snoring takes the roof off the house. He is a very special person though and would give you the shirt off his back. I do love and appreciate him.

Anonymous said...

I did that challenge at the beginning of the year. It's a good one.

Halfmoon Girl said...

Wow, sadly, 30 days without complaining would be hard! I may take you up on this challenge as it is a really great one!

luvmy4sons said...

Doing this challenge too...saw it over at Denise's place also. I have failed twice so far in never saying anything negative( I WAS teasing but i count it still). But I am going to persist in trying. I think it is so good to remember to be our hubby's true helpmeets!

Denise said...

May God sweetly bless your marriage sis.

Sandi said...

I can only imgine how the divorce rate would decrease if we all just did step one.

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

What a great idea!! I love it!! I totally agree that just a little, "pump it up" talk goes a lot further than NAG NAG NAG!! Great stuff!!

concerned parent said...

Ouch this could be one of hardest things I will do in a long time, must admit the Lord has been putting on my heart to do something like this. I just ordered a book that Sue @ praiseandcoffee has been recommending to her readers Created to Be His Help Meet. I too will be doing the 30 Day Husband Encouragement Challenge.