Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm mellllllllltiiiiiiing


Denise over at Shortybears forwards the best devotions to me each morning.
Each day when I get up I know they will be there. And usually they hit the spot.
Kind of like my morning coffee--this mornings flavor?-- Creme Brulee. Yes, it was good.

I thought this went a little along with my post from yesterday and it was short so I thought I would include it--ya know--in case you have a little extra time. ;)
I would give credit where credit is due--but I don't know where this originated.
Well we do know it came from God!

MASTER

“Master, Master”. . . .

“Who is this? He commands even

the winds and the water,

and they obey him.”

Luke 8:24–25

FROM THE FATHER'S HEART
My child, you will never be at peace until you submit to My authority. My commands are not burdensome, and neither are they unreasonable. Have you not learned that with one word I can send demons fleeing and dispense angel beings to carry out My wishes? Relinquish your misplaced control, no matter what your circumstances. You are not the captain of your fate.
(How comforting is that?) I am
.

A GRATEFUL RESPONSE
Lord, I hear Your quiet whispers as You comfort my heart and calm my fears. With a simple “Peace, be still!” a thousand raging thoughts(Be still my thoughts) obey Your voice. Gently, You set my sails toward land. I praise You, master of my life.

SIMPLE TRUTH

When God is in control, He puts our fears on hold.
( I would have said He dissolves or melts our fears. Perfect love cast out fear.)


6 comments:

Kellan said...

It's so true. I find that when I have something weighing heavy on my heart I will say, "God carry this burden for me," and if I truly dedicate myself to the peace and the belief - my burdens are lighter. I depend on God carrying some of the load and he is always there - isn't he?

Have a great weekend, Sharon. See you soon. Kellan

Denise said...

Thanks for the oh so sweet comment on my blog!!!!!!!! You bless my socks off... ahahhaha I am going to be posting a series of happenings where God moved in such a mighty way ... It will do me good to relive these stories and hopfully kindle the fire in my spirit once again.....

hugsxoxoxoxoox

Denise said...

I am glad you enjoy the devotions sis, love you.

Anonymous said...

Power packed blog today. Thanks!

SunnySusan said...

Oh good stuff....love ya sis

eph2810 said...

I especially like the last one :) It is good to know that He will calm our fears - no matter what.

Thank you for sharing.

Have a blessed weekend.