Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wine needed

Hiding fruit often rots on the vine before it ripens because it is not exposed to the sun.
Last week while at my brother's house I snapped these pictures.
Of course they reminded me of passages in the book of John.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."

For the most part this plant is pretty healthy. As you can see it is bearing fruit. But do you notice the few grapes that are brown? They need to be removed. If they stay there- they will continue to rot and the rest of the fruit will be effected.

In my life God is consistently trying to shed through my life the love of His son Jesus.
The Holy Spirit begins this process by producing fruit to hang on me-the branch. The fruit is not ready to eat as soon as it appears. It needs to soak in the sun and the rain and get sweet.

This is where I seem to be at this time. Waiting for the fruit hanging on the branches to get sweet. They need to soak in a little more sweetness.
I wonder how many times I have thought I "my fruit"was "ready" and held out some for someone to partake of and they left with a bitter taste in their mouth?
I pray that in the days, weeks and months to come--the sweetness of the love of the Lord becomes more pronounced in my life.
That when people sample the fruit hanging from my "branches" they find themselves longing for more of His fruit.
I pray that when I touch others it is in humility.
When Jesus touched others He left them feeling loved, encouraged and transformed.
May I allow the sap flowing through the vine to bring health and sweetness to the fruit.
May I remain in Him and bear much fruit.

Wine was a very important product in Jesus' day. The final product of our fruit is still very important today.
The finished wine produced as our lives are squeezed --will bring healing to the land.


This is just for Linda.
I know that as my thoughts rolled from my mouth in the passion of the moment I did not even think how my words would come across to you.
I treasure our relationship.
It is what God planned it to be at this time in our lives.
I would not want it to be any different.
I love you--you are important to me.





No comments: