Friday, July 6, 2007

Beyond the help of our Father..................


The title of this post--
Beyond the help of our Father...........................I DON'T THINK SO!
Why would anyone think they were beyond the help of our Father?
What about those who's hearts are filled with anger and pain?
What about the young child that has been so deceived by that roaring lion that the only way they think they are going to get a little relief is-- if they cut themselves?
There were times long ago when Satan tried to take me out.
I had pain from TMJ that was so bad that I could not live without the pain pills and muscle relaxers 24/7. Pain so unbearable that I can remember thinking one day while in 11th grade, "Why not just end this"?
There was a lot going on in my life and I was trying to deal with it on my own.
I was a Christian but I did not know about the relationship side of my salvation.
Salvation means that I had given my life to God-- admitting that I was a sinner and understanding that there was no way to get to heaven on my own. I was guilty and a sinless God could never have contact with me. I had finally made a choice not to reject God. And instead I took the gift that His son Jesus gave me when He went to the cross and died to take my punishment. My sins were then forgiven and God could now come and have a friendship and a Father type relationship with me. If you have never experienced this---it will be the best thing you have ever experienced.
Did that make sense?

Why all this walking down memory lane?
Yesterday I had a visit with my great nephew. We have been praying for him for a long time. He has had a history of suicide attempts, cutting himself and much emotional mess. I don't get to see him often, but I have been praying for him for a long time. I was burdened by this boy that was being tossed around and stomped on by satan.
How I hate him for what he does to the innocent.
He will pay one day--he will pay big time.
Anyway, yesterday out of the blue everyone disappeared and he and I were left alone in the room for a good hour. God had an agenda.
I am not sure how the conversation got started but he just mentioned that he had gone to church with a friend but he felt like he did not belong.
Can I say at this point that the atmosphere in the room changed--it was charged--my heart started beating a little faster. I said a quick prayer and asked the Holy Spirit to say through me what needed to be said.
I told him that maybe the reason he did not feel as if he belonged was because he did not know the one that church was all about. He said that he figured that he had done a little too much for God to be willing to have contact with him.
I tell you even now my heart hurts for this young man--he is 16.
I was able to talk about the fact that God had created him
just so that He could have a relationship with him.
His response?
Weird.
And so we talked for a long while all about the plan of salvation.
About how God can not love him anymore or any less than He did right at that moment.
He could never be good enough to get himself into heaven. But God could change him and give him a life with peace and joy and he would know that
God would never leave him--no matter what.

I told him to go back to church and learn some more.
And then I gave him my email address so that he could contact me anytime.
He spends a lot of time on the computer.
He lives about two hours away so I am thankful for the computer.

So much has happened to this little guy--but I am thankful for the truth that God says He sends angels to protect those who will inherit salvation.
Why?
Because Satan would have taken us all out if he were allowed to.


If you would please remember to pray for Brandon.
Pray that the Holy Spirit would continue to water the seeds that were planted and that Satan would be blocked from stealing the seeds before they go deep into the soil of his heart.
Thanks!

8 comments:

Shelly said...

Wow. What a tender opportunity you had with him yesterday! That is precious girl.

How thankful I am that God's tenacity always exceeds my running from Him. May Brandon be caught up in the arms of His Savior.

Deena Peterson said...

Father, You adore Brandon, and You died for him. Use Sharon's words and the power of Your spirit to touch him and change his life. Redeem what the locusts have eaten and renumber his days. Don't let the enemy snatch what has been planted, but send those to water and nurture those tender shoots of belief, until a bumper crop rises up in him.
Amen.

Deena Peterson said...

**TAG** You're it...click here

Anonymous said...

Wow - awesome story! I love your response to his church story -- I probably would have said that he was going to the wrong church, but you're right, he needs to know the Who behind church!! Praying! D

P.S. I loved the purple background but the yellow looks great! I love the girls at the top of your page -- they sooooooooo fit!! Reminds me of our chat about who we are in that pic!

SunnySusan said...

What a God moment.....I love it.
Prayers for Brandon.

Be Blessed

Tracy said...

Father, you promise that your Word will not come back void, but will acomplish the purpose for which it was sent. Your Word tells us that you wish for no one to perish, but that everyone would come to the saving knowledge of Jesus. I pray this for Brandon; that you call him to yourself by the power of the Holy Spirit. I thank you for loving him, I thank you that you are not a man that you should lie, and I thank you that you said if we believe in our heart without boubting when we pray that we will have whatever we pray for. It is done in the spirit, now let it manifest in the physical. Satan, I bind you in the name of Jesus. THE name that is above every name! You cannot have this young man, he has been claimed for the Kingdom. Jesus said that whatever we bind on earth will be bound in heaven and whatever we loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. We are here to pray heavens purposes to be manifested on the earth. This has been done today in Jesus' name. The finished work of Jesus was done on a tree and He told us "It is finished". He had and has (perpetually) the victory and satan is defeated and has no power to overcome Christs finished and perfect work. Father, we thank you and love.

Amen

Halfmoon Girl said...

I will pray. I am glad you responded to the moment and allowed the HS to work through you.

eph2810 said...

Thank you so much for sharing, Sharon. I certainly will lift up Brandon in prayers. Doesn't God always have great timing with His plans of salvation for everyone?

Blessings to you and yours.