Saturday, June 9, 2007

On the road---from Texas



Well, I finally made it on line. I had lots more pictures but the upload time was horrible.
So, this is us on the road. I am taking pictures while driving so I thought they came out pretty good.
The truck (yes, I have become a truck woman recently) and trailor up ahead is being driven by my men. I am driving with Mom since she is not real fond of driving in busy traffic. Keith is pulling our old red trailor that is holding all of our camp supplies-it has seen many, many miles.

Next, a picture that gives a hint of what state we were intering.
The grand state of Texas. The lone star state. Holly, I am sure you have seen this before.
People complain about the roads in Louisiana----I think Texas should be second on the list of rough rides.
You girls who are sistas--we are now in the Houston area. Actually I guess
right outside of Houston. When we passed Beth Moores home church--I took a picture--but alas, all I got was the siderails.
I looked for a Starbucks (you know this is one of her favorite places) but did not see any until we got to the mall. And no, she was ot there. :( I guess it was good I did not run into her--I might have embarassed myself trying to introduce her to my Mom.
I was a little brain dead today. I saw a car pass by that looked like my parents and started to speed up because I thought they were leaving me behind. Then I had a- duh -moment when I realized that I was driving the car I was trying to follow. Mom and
I had some laughs over that one. She said she felt much better that
someone 20+ years younger than she was having the
same problems she was.
We made it safely to Katy Texas and it is the home of Bass Pro
Shop. We never pass through here without stopping. My husband and son are big outdoorsmen--they love this place. I will take a moment to mention that I did not buy anything. Although this shop is connected to huge mall.
Well that is it for the day. Safe travels so far. And we know that the rest of the way is already laid out by God--so we will have a great trip.
Tomorrow we will get to the final destination. Mo Ranch--and then the fun begins!
Talk to ya later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you!! Glad that all is going well -- funny story! :) Only a strong woman would admit that one! LOL ((( hugs ))) D

Melanie said...

Glad to hear your travels are going well so far.

I have a special prayer request over at my blog. I would appreciate it if you would stop by and let me know that you will be helping me pray.

Halfmoon Girl said...

That was a cute story. Glad you are having fun on the road.

Nise' said...

Glad you made it there safely! Let me tell you, Michigan roads are bad, bad they need to be on that list as well!

Holly said...

I dated a boy from Katy...went to his Prom and Project Graduation--my first love and my first broken heart! But GOD knew better that my Chris was the ONE for me! Oh Praise Him!

Praying for your week and for many to know Him more.
Love,
Holly