Monday, June 25, 2007

Make My Monday with Mrs Nufon



Good morning to ya. I hope that ya had a proper glorious Sunday with our Lord. And that yer soul an yer spirit were receiven of sum good refreshen. With all the busyness of this here life ---sum times i'm thinken it would do us sum good ta have the innocent incite of a chile. Then don't ya know if we made to much of lifes trials we could rightly be blamen it on our imaturity. So let's enjoy a spot of the sily and 'member tomorrow ul be taken care of itself.

We Are But Dust

A visiting minister prayed during the offertory prayer:
"Dear Lord" he began with arms extended and a rapturous look on his face, "without you we are but dust..."
He would have continued, but at that moment one very obedient little girl (who was listening very carefully for a change) leaned over to her mother and asked quite audibly in her shrill little voice,"Mommy, WHAT is butt dust?"
Church was pretty much over at that point.


The River

A Minister was completing a temperance sermon. With great emphasis he said, "If I had all the beer in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."
With even greater emphasis, he said, "And if I had all the wine in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river."
And then finally, shaking his fist in the air, he said, "And if I had all the whiskey in the world, I'd take it and pour it into the river!"
The sermon complete, he sat down. The song leader, stood very cautiously and announced with a smile -- nearly laughing. "For our closing song, let us sing Hymn #365, "Shall We Gather At The River."



Who Does What

A man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning. The wife said, "You should do it, because you get up first, and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee."
The husband said, "You are in charge of cooking around here and you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just wait for my coffee."
The Wife replied, "No, you should do it, and besides, it is in the Bible that the man should do the coffee."
With that the husband balked, saying, "I can't believe that, show me."
The wife then fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament and showed him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says.........."HEBREWS"


I'm thinkin I missed that last little tad of Bible instruction in my time with the Lord. I'm thinken I'll go ahed an stick ta maken our mornin brew---my hubbies hand is a tad hevy when it cums to the grounds.
Now don't cha feel a tad better now that ya were able to show yer pearly whites? Now ya may return to yer wonderin on the web. Ifen the God Lord is a willen I'll be seein ya in this here spot agin next week. Don't forget....GO WITH JESUS!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the laugh! Those were great.

Holly said...

Hilarious! I love the new comment picture with the ducks!

I'm off to bed...even though I won't be writing this week, I'll surely be trying to check in and say Hello! Looking forward to meeting you!
Love in Him,
holly
Off to dream about rivers and such (just kidding!)

ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Girl, you are a mess!! =)

Gledwood said...

Hi I had an OK Sunday. But I was depressed. Hope yours was better. Thanxx for your comment left at mine ... I'll be by again later ... all the best 2u

~from
~gleds

Halfmoon Girl said...

I love the butt dust- that is absolutely something one of my kids would say!