Friday, April 13, 2007

Family, Paint, and Seafood--What A Day!

Well, As you can see I got in on a
little home improvement today. Julia was missing her cousins and I my sister--so it was the perfect excuse to go for a visit while all were out of school. Jeannie has been in the process of redoing her kitchen for about a year. But, with work and a comic book /game store they own and run and thee boys -- time is very limited. So I put on my painting clothes and we headed to the country. The kids had fun playing outdoors and watching Jumanji--and we hit the paint.
We finished up a little before 5 and now the kitchen is ready for my Dad (hint, hint) to come put down her tile. Or maybe Jeannie and I will just have to give it a shot. Any hoo, we had fun and it was nice to catch up since we don't see each other very often.
Then it was time to head home and pick up dinner. I did not feel like cooking so it was time for a little seafood. Any one from our area, that likes seafood, loves this time of year. There is plenty of seafood to go around and the prices are lower. Since we enjoy having fried seafood very seldom-- it was time for some boiled.
No one does boiled seafood like Louisiana!

We do it the best--makes me kinda of sad for the rest. No one does it half as good as us.............. baby, baby we're the best.......... Remind you of a song? :)
We used lemons, plenty of garlic, and a spice seasnoning that makes your nose run. O.k, that is kind of gross--but you get the idea. Don't wipe your eyes or............. before you wash your hands.
But you have to try our seafood once at least.
My hubby likes the crabs, they are too much work for me. I like the shrimp and boiled red potatoes. We throw corn and red potatoes and sometimes sausage (andoullie) into the boiling pot.
Maybe some time during the season I can use my Christmas present (I got a huge boiling pot and all the accessories) and boil up a huge batch of crawfish. I'll make sure and get pictures.

They are good ---I promise they really are!

6 comments:

Holly said...

I miss Prejean's...I have their cookbook, but it's just not the same. I haven't found any cajun food this way (maybe you could bring some??).

Have a great weekend, Sharon!
Love in Him,
Holly

Anonymous said...

Hey Sharon, what colour did you paint? And the food looks yummy -- eat some for me okay? :) Enjoy your break from routine. D

Halfmoon Girl said...

My hubby is a prawn fisherman as well as a builder. Prawn season starts in 2 weeks and I am looking forward to some juicy ones dipped in garlic butter!

Sharon Brumfield said...

D-we painted the kitchen a creamy yellow-Don't know the real name.

Halfmoon Girl--how cool--seafood delivered! We have a baked shrimp called barbecue shrimp--it does not have the sweet sauce of normal barbcue but it is soooo good. Then you slop up the sauce with french bread. yum!

Crown Laid Down--I would love to bring some!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the low boil that James cooked up on our camping trip to St Joseph penisula state park
Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Oh, if you have time, can you come out to AZ and paint my kitchen. I have had that on the agenda for the past three or four years. Just don't find the time to do it...

Oh, I so love seafood. I grew up in a seaport city -- I miss the fresh fish *sigh*...

Blessings to you and yours.