Monday, March 12, 2007

Just Breathe


I did not want ya'll to think I had forgotten about writing today-so I am going to post something. The last few days have been emotion filled and I am drained. I have tried to post three different times today and as you can see they did not make it.
The Lord has shown his power. I love him and I will continue to love him. He is the air in my bike tires. Sound strange? Not really. Like the air in my tires--without him, moving ahead would be so much tougher--- if not impossible. He is the sweet breath that fills my lungs. So I am just going to breathe.

Longing

After the parades passed by
And the dusk of evening draws nigh
All sounds of cheering fade
Will I find Your spirits stayed?
Or will it linger most
In the unsuspecting host
Refusing to be found
By those merely snooping round?
On each and every day
My heart goes out to play
Sometimes filled with joy
As a newly discovered toy.
Still other days filled with pain
Touched by memories stain.
Will it ever end?
Will our spirits never blend?
From eternities One
Torn by Adam from the Son
I struggle every day
To repair a bridge broken away.
Can I believe the Word?
When at the cross I heard
The work was forever done
And now the transformation has begun.
I struggle with memories produced at will
Conditions left by sins disease and thrill.
And so I pray along the road someday
I will look to find old memories wiped away.

S.B

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Some say that we are the sum of our memories and experiences. That is tragic and worldy thinking. It is also a stumbling block; a pit, if you will. We are so much more. We are the beloved children of the Most High God. He didn't have to ransom us, but He IS love. He loves us so deeply and purely; I don't know if we will ever totally understand the reality of that, but I pray one day, as He continues to change me through the power of the Holy Spirit that this reality will be revealed. Can you imagine one of you children kneeling and begging in a garden for you to stop his or her torture? "Mom, please, don't you know what they are going to do to me? Can't there be any other way? I don't want to be whipped and beaten and hung on a tree. I won't be able to breathe... please. But if you say that this is the only way to save the other ones that you love so much, I'll do it because I trust you and will obey you. You see, I love them too. They (He) paid too high a price for us to spend one more day or second remembering those things in the past. Satan hates us and is our accusor. Jesus is our redeemer and savior. He tells us what to remember, ("Do this in memory of me."). His blood is on the Mercy Seat and the deed is already done. We can't undo it and He wouldn't want us to. He also tells us what to "meditate" or "think" on. He tells us in Philippians 4:8.....(keep reading till the end) that whatever is true (you know it is His truth that Paul is talking about), whatever is noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. I cannot possibly obey this if I think of anything from my past. Not the way I treated other people including my parents, husband, children and friends or the way some people treated me. It paralyses you. I am living proof of what happens when you do not live in the here and now that our Savior died to give us. But, praise God! He has "caused me" to recognise the good things he still has planned. I cannot see them with my eyes, but faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen. Read Hebrews 11:15-16. I have written in the margin - DO NOT LOOK BACK! I finally know this in my Spirit instead of in just my head. We must renew our minds with the Word. It is creative and filled with life everlasting and a hope in the Truth, which is Christ Jesus. I'm sorry you've had such emotional days. If I were to elaborate on what has been trying to rein around here, you would not belive that I wrote any of this. (I even had a horrible dream regarding the children. It was, of course, due to all of my bad decisions in the past. But Satan will not win because he is already defeated!) That is the miricle working power of the Holy Spirit. I pray for The Ccomforter to mightily work in your mind and spirit. I love you and will continue to pray for you as you have for me.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Wouldn't it be nice to have satan sucker punch you and be able to say, "Ha! You missed!"? He got me this past weekend but he did not win. But I am up and moving again. I had to call out to God big time. every time I want to sit down and not get up God reminds me that I did ask to be where I am and in the end it will be sooooooooooooooo worth. I told satan, Go ahead, but while i am dancing down gold streets in heaven ----you are going to be locked up in a pit! Take that!
We are under going some severe bits of spiritual warfare. One battle stops and the next one has already begun. When the battle is its fiercest call out to Jesus.He is coming to the rescue--satan is fighting mad.